3.5mm se. 2pin cable that reduces brightness and treble spikes?
Feb 14, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 13
3.5mm se. 2pin cable that reduces brightness and treble spikes?
No such thing exists.

If you don't like your source, change it.

If you don't like your earphone, change it.

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 13
How about a little EQ instead of dropping your coins out that way?

What's your source and your headphone?

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 13
OK. ^^

I'd recommend to use the excellent features of the RME to lower the highs.
It's a marvelous dac to play with.

No additional cable needed, except for look and feel. :L3000:

Tbh, if you don't like the sound signature of the U18T, i'd have a look at another earphone, espacially in that price range.
Imo, i wouldn't buy a headphone that doesn't fit my preferred needs out of the box.
There're much lower priced iems out there to play with, i think. :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 13
OK. ^^

I'd recommend to use the excellent features of the RME to lower the highs.
It's a marvelous dac to play with.

No additional cable needed, except for look and feel. :L3000:

Tbh, if you don't like the sound signature of the U18T, i'd have a look at another earphone, espacially in that price range.
Imo, i wouldn't buy a headphone that doesn't fit my preferred needs out of the box.
There're much lower priced iems out there to play with, i think. :wink:
I love the u18t, it's jsut that I have some recording that are poor and I can't find a quality copy to download. So I do with these. And their treble areas are poop. I also has a slight sensitivity to treble but with quality recordings I'm totally ok

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 13
I love the u18t, it's jsut that I have some recording that are poor and I can't find a quality copy to download. So I do with these. And their treble areas are poop. I also has a slight sensitivity to treble but with quality recordings I'm totally ok
Great.
It's time to play with your beautiful dac, i think. :)
There should be plenty of option to get rid of the annoying highs.

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #8 of 13
Great.
It's time to play with your beautiful dac, i think. :)
There should be plenty of option to get rid of the annoying highs.
There is haha, I just don't know what I'm doing. I also would like less sub bass and bigger mid bass inpact with select recordings, but then again, I don't know what I'm doing, I've played around and I just seem to distort things and ruin stuff

Feb 14, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #9 of 13
Feb 14, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #11 of 13
My pleasure. :wink:

Hope you'll have many hours of increased listening satisfaction.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #12 of 13
Anyone know of any under 300 usd?

Cables causing a change in sound signature is a very controversial topic in audiophiledom. One camp says measurements don't show any differences, whereas the other camp claims they can hear minute differences. I've seen flamewars start on threads cause of this.

Well I'm in the latter camp that does believe in cables changing the sound signature a tinge, but it's not light and day differences, more of subtle changes. TBH, you will get greater changes in sound signature using different ear tips (foams tend to lower treble and wider bore silicone ones tend to increase treble a bit), different sources, EQ, and even some mods (like putting foam/tea bags in the IEM nozzle) or knowles filters/damper mods. Cables are the last thing I will go for to reduce brightness and only after trying the above options.

FWIW, in general I find pure copper cables do decrease the treble a tinge, whereas pure silver ones may increase brightness a bit. I usually buy 8/16 core NiceHCK copper cables for this purpose, it retails around 10 bucks online.

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #13 of 13
effect lionheart?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back