3,5mm/ 1/8 Jack broke off? fast fix or new IEMs?
Sep 11, 2009 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mesomorph

New Head-Fier
In a moment of what was later to be labled as stupidity I lend my UEs to my sister, who raped them in less than 2 days to a state of giving-up. they literary fell apart
redface.gif

First i was wondering about a sudden cut-off sound on one of the ears. it varied from a blink of a second to 5-10secs, then it got louder on one ear and hissing on the other, lack of bass and so on...
So i figuered it must be the 3,5mm jack or the cable above the jack. I plugged it out of my player and something wasnt right...the jack was still attached to the player, while i was holding the cable in my hand...
eek.gif

now the, hopefully asked, question:
can i "easily" attach a new jack to the cable with some isolation tape, cause wire cutter and all the necessary cables i have lying around somewhere. i just dont wanna get new buds and i dont wanna charge my sis
wink.gif

is it easier if i cut some iphone buds off after the cable split up into their respective sides (L/R) and then cut of the rubber and wind the 2 cable ends up and then put some iso-tape above all the mess. will it still sound like its supposed to?
cheers
btw: right forum? didnt really know where to put this

Sep 11, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 3
It's a pretty easy fix, just order a new connector and solder it on. There's no need to dismantle any other cable to fix the one that's broken. DIY section will give you better answers in the future btw.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 3
any idea where to get just the connector? hifi-shops carry these?
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back