2x microSD slot DAP... Which one?
Dec 17, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #16 of 33
I just got the x5ii and xduoo x3 on the way for giggles... Been playing with the x5 so far my thoughts.....
I have out in two 64gb micro xd cards with about 6000 songs on each
I loaded the library and am playing shuffle... Works well. However not sure this is because I have so many songs but when I browsing through by son/artist/album it's very sluggish through the menus... Doesn't bother me at the moment cause I use like playing shuffle through my massive song list.
Sound is awesome can tell it's got more punch and quality that the x1..(loved the x1 though great budget little player)

Will give you thoughts of the xduoo x3 when I get it.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Yup.

I think that might be it. I'm doing the same. Loaded 1 200gb microSD card (about 7000+ files) and I experience the same thing.
But no biggie since I love shuffle mode! :)

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #17 of 33
  AK120, if you can budget for it.

Yeah, already have it listed... sort of...  --> Older Astel and Kern? (I had the AK100 mk2)

AK has a great interface but "silly" things like Shuffle all STILL wasn't working well when I had mine! And like I just mentioned, I love listening to everything using shuffle play mode. It's weird that they didn't update their firmware to fix that.

I think AK120 (and AK100) had limitation of 10k files only in their library?

Did not know about that... Not sure.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #18 of 33
I just got the x5ii and xduoo x3 on the way for giggles... Been playing with the x5 so far my thoughts.....
I have out in two 64gb micro xd cards with about 6000 songs on each
I loaded the library and am playing shuffle... Works well. However not sure this is because I have so many songs but when I browsing through by son/artist/album it's very sluggish through the menus... Doesn't bother me at the moment cause I use like playing shuffle through my massive song list.
Sound is awesome can tell it's got more punch and quality that the x1..(loved the x1 though great budget little player)

Will give you thoughts of the xduoo x3 when I get it.

Please let us know how xduoo X3's UI performs with the same amount of songs. Sluggish browsing will he a non-no for me. And I have heard about that complaint for X5 more than twice.

I am a folder-browsing pick-and-choose guy, who rarely uses shuffle mode. Also plan to use 2x 256GB cards full of 320kbps mp3s, as my flac collection wont fit.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #19 of 33
Folder browsing seems to work ok. I'd only when you update the library and go through the artist/album/song browse of the scanned library

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #20 of 33
  I think AK120 (and AK100) had limitation of 10k files only in their library?

Not amymore with the last firmwares.

My AK120 has more than 12000 files distributed between the internal 64Mb, external 128Gb and external 200Gb cards.
I exclusively use folder browsing (because it's much faster than tag brwsing) and had no trouble so far.

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #21 of 33
There's also the Cayin N5 with a balanced HO for consideration.  Twister6 has reviewed it a while ago.
it just sunk in that this player is dual micro sd... I have seen this player around for some time and just noticed the Du slots... I always assumed it was just one... All the reviews on it seem pretty good.. Not bad for a $500 player.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #22 of 33
$500 seems very expensive for a player, but obviously not for some of you. The XDuoo X3 seems like it might be promising once the pitch error for 44.1 songs is corrected. At 0.83% though(around half a minute slow per hour), the pitch error is quite significant. I wouldn't consider buying the Xduoo X3 until the pitch error is corrected. Now that players with two card slots are becoming common, I wonder which company will be the first one to come out with a player with 4 card slots?

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #24 of 33
I doubt 4-card-slot DAP would be produced, but I would be very happy if I am proven wrong in the near future (I would be the first in line to buy one!).

The reasons are:

4 slots takes a bit of circuit space, why not 2 full size SD slots;

(micro)SD cards are becoming cheap very quickly; and
demand may be very limited

But I want a DAP with more slots, the more the better :D Add Rockbox on top of that, my dream would come true!

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #26 of 33
I doubt 4-card-slot DAP would be produced, but I would be very happy if I am proven wrong in the near future (I would be the first in line to buy one!).

The reasons are:

4 slots takes a bit of circuit space, why not 2 full size SD slots;

(micro)SD cards are becoming cheap very quickly; and
demand may be very limited

But I want a DAP with more slots, the more the better :D Add Rockbox on top of that, my dream would come true!

there are so many DAPs with similar feature set so i hope someone will come up with something as extreme as 4+ slots DAP :D

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #27 of 33
there are so many DAPs with similar feature set so i hope someone will come up with something as extreme as 4+ slots DAP
biggrin.gif

A 4 card DAP is not extreme. I would consider a player with 16 card slots as being extreme! Someone who owns thousands of CDs might actually need a player with 16 card slots to carry their entire music collection in FLAC.

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #28 of 33
2 full size SD might be a better and more economical option. Today you can buy 512GB SD card for $300 and I'm sure 1TB SD will become available much sooner and will be cheaper than 1TB microSD

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #29 of 33
  Here's the link to the review.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-n5-dsd-lossless-music-player/reviews/13977

If the player just... looked... better! LOL :wink:
Still, seems to be another good (and "cheap") option in the realm of 2 slots players.

there are so many DAPs with similar feature set so i hope someone will come up with something as extreme as 4+ slots DAP
biggrin.gif

Hahaha, I doubt very much someone would come out with something like this! 

May 3, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #30 of 33
Great thread.

Now, dual slots (say, do all keep up with the largest capacity cards?) plus balanced hp out, that's even better.

Then, throw in optical out if it charges via USB, or separate charge port if it only has USB streaming, you got my perfect DAP. ...still waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back