2nd CMOY... dont know how to wire a toggle "pics"
Oct 28, 2004 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Vedder323

500+ Head-Fier
How do I wire this guy? Any help would be great
IMG_0726.jpg

Oct 28, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 8
Oh ok - in this case it is a SPDT switch...

One of the leads from the battery clip (the Red one) will go to the switch. The other end (black) will go to the ground on the board. The middle prong will have a red wire going from it to the board. One of the throws is not used in this case.

I would confirm this with JMT or SFT or any other DIYer but I am quite confident that I am correct
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Oh ok - in this case it is a SPDT switch...

One of the leads from the battery clip (the Red one) will go to the switch. The other end (black) will go to the ground on the board. The middle prong will have a red wire going from it to the board. One of the throws is not used in this case.

I would confirm this with JMT or SFT or any other DIYer but I am quite confident that I am correct
wink.gif

Got it! Thanks dude!

Oct 28, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #7 of 8
The DPDT switch in the diagram is basically like two of the switch you have being switched by one toggle. Just ignore one side of it. Without knowing what you're switching it's hard to say exactly how you want to wire it -- can I assume it's a power switch? In that case, you'd have the middle lug wired to the board and one of the outer lugs wired to the battery clip/dc jack. Or vice versa, it doesn't actually matter. With that kind of switch, the toggle is selecting which outer lug is connected to the middle lug, if that makes it clearer.

Oct 28, 2004 at 3:10 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaptera
The DPDT switch in the diagram is basically like two of the switch you have being switched by one toggle. Just ignore one side of it. Without knowing what you're switching it's hard to say exactly how you want to wire it -- can I assume it's a power switch? In that case, you'd have the middle lug wired to the board and one of the outer lugs wired to the battery clip/dc jack. Or vice versa, it doesn't actually matter. With that kind of switch, the toggle is selecting which outer lug is connected to the middle lug, if that makes it clearer.

I already got it, thanks again guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back