2nd Annual Head-Fi Holiday CD Gift Exchange
Nov 15, 2002 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

MooGoesTheCow

500+ MOOOderator: Needs a better MOOOOmate
Here’s how it works:

We all have different tastes in music. However, we all could be a little more open to types of music that we might have ignored in the past or just not know a whole lot about. Through the magic of the Head-Fi Forums, now’s your chance to get a little more open minded, a little more cultured, and participate in a history making event, whether you like it or not. For those of you who participated last year, well, now’s your chance to take place in a history making event for the second time. Lucky you.

Through the exchange, those who are interested in participating will be randomly paired up.
Each person will purchase a CD that they really like and exchange it with their partner. (Preferably something not too common as to risk the other person having a duplicate copy, although if Britney Spears floats your boat and defines your sense of well-being, the Head-Fi police won’t come knocking at your door…maybe.) That way, each person will receive an album that they most likely would not have picked up on their own.

Basically, you give a CD, you get a CD.

No CD-R’s, please. Only NEW, SEALED ORIGINALS. No sloppy seconds.

Once you have been paired up, I will provide each of you with your partner’s email address, so you can communicate with each other and swap contact info, tastes in music, recipes, etc.

If you want to participate, please post a reply within the thread AND send an email to me, providing me with your own email address and Head-Fi handle. (Also indicate if you live in a country other than the US)

Also, please respond only if you intend to participate. That means actually buying a CD and sending it out in a timely manner. It would really suck if a person goes out and gets you a CD and gets nothing in return.

You can email me at moogoesthecow01 at hotmail dot com (Also listed in my profile.) Do not PM me!

Lastly, this is open to everyone who wants to participate. If you are in a country other than the US, I will try to pair you up with someone within your country (or as close to it as possible). However, there’s a large possibility that there might not be someone to pair you up with. But if you’re still interested, feel free to suggest some alternative.

I will set a tentative deadline of Sunday, December 8th to let me know you want to participate. After the 8th, I will pair you up, providing you with plenty of time before the new year to contact each other, purchase a CD, and send it out.

Afterwards, we can all post what we got and how we like it! Woohoo!

Thanks for participating, and if there’s anything I missed, or if you have any suggestions for improvement, feel free to post them or email me.

Moo!

Nov 15, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 72
I am in, man. Make sure to pair me up with someone you know will send me a groovy CD, and/or some super wealthy dude (or dudette) who'll send a good box set.
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2002 at 3:56 PM Post #12 of 72
I'm in.

Nov 15, 2002 at 9:10 PM Post #13 of 72
i'm down like james brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back