2GB memory stick makes PSP amazingly versatile!
Jul 2, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #16 of 21

EscaBoi

100+ Head-Fier
Videos on the PSP is great. I just run them off my 2gb memory stick. What's great is that there is absolutely no lag when using Fast Forward or Rewind. Furthermore, watching anime on it is even better
icon10.gif

Audio wise i have to say the PSP isn't that great, but if you just need something for audio then it'll do just fine. The PSP served me well for the 2 weeks i was without a computer and my ZVM.

I mainly bought it for its internet capabilities, which the the DS can't do so it's pretty helpful when you're either bored at school inclass or if you're just out and want to steal someone's internet
tongue.gif

it's a great device but i use it more as a multimedia player, i play games on it everyone once in a whlie

Jul 2, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #17 of 21

nsjong

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Lacks innovation? I'd say it's quite the opposite and that the lack of innovation is on the DS Lite. I'll admit that the touch screen is a nice addition, but no fully imersive gaming experience can match that of the behemoth of a PSP screen.

An upgraded GBA? The PSP is the first portable console to actively integrate multimedia features, AND internet support into one console. The GBA didn't have a GUI O/S for any multimedia features.

With the cost of little cartriges to show videos and that, a PSP does become in fact cheaper. Maybe the DS Lite currently has a better games set, but the PSP is pretty much the ultimate portable console to date.

Tell that to the WONDER SWAN.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, it's an upgraded GBA. Play-Yan came out for the GBA. It could easily put all the features the PSP has except the internet function.

Yes, I'm sure DS lacks innovation with games like Brain Age and Electroplankton.
smily_headphones1.gif

But lets not have arguments here. I never asked for debates; I would go to the DS vs. PSP thread if I wanted that.
icon10.gif

Jul 3, 2006 at 12:42 PM Post #19 of 21

tehdvd

New Head-Fier
for some reason the volume for the psp doesnt seem to be loud enough. Poor headphone amp? But that alone makes me not use my psp at all =\

Jul 3, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #20 of 21

DRSpeed85

500+ Head-Fier
Personally the DS vs PSP debate reminds me of kids fighting over batman vs superman vs X men.... It goes on and on.

Both sides agree these have comparative advantages. Why not settle with purchasing both??? Unless you are 10 years old, I don't see a problem with that. Everybody who has a DS or PSP probably has a PS or Xbox at home for proper gaming, so why all the effort debating something inevitably childish and nerdy as gaming?? Aren't these things suppose to be expendable?

Jul 3, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #21 of 21

Csidinim

100+ Head-Fier
the game.com (read as gamecom) ten years ago, tiger's rival to the gameboy pocket and a black/white gamegear lookalike with touchscreen and stylus, could surf the internet from its native gui. granted back then there was no wireless so you had to find a network jack, but there goes that arguement about the first 'serious' internet game system.

Users who are viewing this thread