2GB iPod purchased today
Mar 3, 2006 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

luckybaer

Headphoneus Supremus
The 2GB iPod (black) that I purchased today is a nice piece of equipment.

Installation of the software went smoothly, although I had to insert the Norton Ghost disc to finish installation...
confused.gif

As far as transfering tunes from the PC to the iPod... FAST. I was happy!

Sound? Paired up with my DT 770s, they sound pretty good. I will need to amp them to get more out of the set-up, though. Paired with my MDR-V300, it is louder, but, as expected, not better. However, MDR-V300 is what I'll use when I'm walking around doing my chores and stuff. When I'm chilling out, I'll use the DT 770s.

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 9
Congratulations. I am hoping to get a nano myself.

Mar 5, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 9
Aw, man...

This is getting expensive! I had liquidated my CD collection years ago when I was in the military.

Now, I'm buying music a little at a time...

The good thing is that with buying online (like from iTunes), I can pick the songs that i really like.

My wallet is hating me.

Mar 5, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #5 of 9
"noooo.... don't buy from itunes. they rip you off with 128kbps songs. CDs are way better."

Great business model -- you can pay $7,500 to fill your 30GB iPod with songs from iTunes. But I do agree that, as a form of "pay radio," where you can "audition" and have access to the songs you want, when you want them, it's pretty convenient. But I would then go out and buy CD versions of the songs I really liked, for "full-quality" archiving purposes ... spending even more money!

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 9
yes, that is true. but personally, i prefer to (illegally) download music just to see if i like it. if i like it, i buy the CD, if i don't, i delete the music. cheaper and easier imo.

i hope i don't get in trouble for that lol.

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev
noooo.... don't buy from itunes. they rip you off with 128kbps songs. CDs are way better.

Not to mention they're C.R.A.P. infested 128 kbps songs

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #8 of 9
forgot about that, but yes, they are also infested with DRM so you can only listen to the songs on certain computers (i think you can only have yours songs on up to 3 computers).

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #9 of 9
I don't mind all that junk. It is just like buying software and having it copy protected. I can only run Battlefield 2 on one computer at home at at time unless I buy another copy.

The songs sound good enough for me at 128 Kbps, and I don't want to be cluttering up my "man cave" with a bunch of CDs. My DVDs are getting out of hand as it is.
biggrin.gif

I know it isn't cool to be buying off of iTunes, but I like the convenience, and I like buying only the songs that I want off of a particular album. There are very few albums that I've come across where I actually want all of the songs. I'm happy cherry-picking. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back