~$250 budget for *SHORT* RCA interconnect
Dec 14, 2007 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

manaox2

Headphoneus Supremus
I need a quality RCA cable to attach from my iMod to LISA III for my portable system. It needs to be short, as in 0.5m or less, the LISA is only 6.5 inches long.

I am having a hard time discerning from the thousands of professionally made RCA cables out there. I cannot afford the Reverie v2 at $500 a pair. What do cables do you prefer under $300?

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 43
I would recommend send Hans of Qables an email and ask if he can perhaps make you a short cable the ones on his site are 2.5 feet. But he is a good guy who makes great products and is great to deal with. He even offers some fancy high end rca connectors if you dont care for the switchcraft ones.

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 43
I use the Zu Pivot to connect my Mac to my headphone amp:

Zu Pivot

I've never used the Analysis Plus iPod cable, but I do use their interconnects in my speaker setup and they sound great - evenly balanced and detailed (without harshness):

Analysis Plus iPod

Dec 14, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 43
Jena Labs

or have ALO audio make you one with Jena Labs wire/braid. Ken (at ALO) is authorized to make their cables.

This seems to be one of the best cables at/around $300.

And, also x2 on Audiogon used...

Dec 15, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 43
Nordost always made a convincing case for my money. You can pick up a short pair of Red Dawn for that money, and it's a fine sounding (and looking) cable.

Here's a .5m pair with Eichmann bullets from Spain. Don't let the shipping scare you.

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #9 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ayt999's wyvern audio braids are right about your ballpark, and easily the best cables I've heard.

Wyvern Audio - RCA and XLR

A couple of people have recommended these and they make custom sizes. I think I am going to shoot over an inquiry.

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #10 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple of people have recommended these and they make custom sizes. I think I am going to shoot over an inquiry.

Almost any company will do this. Except retail products like Nordost, Cardas etc.. I haven't had any problems getting quotes on a 1 foot - .5M IC.

Dec 15, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't get many to go under 0.5m it seems.

Who have you tried? I haven't had one boutique company say "no". Most will do them for a little cheaper, and there's a few who will charge you the full price of a 1M cable for half the cable.

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #15 of 43
Go with apuresound.com cable. Alex ([AK]Zip) makes the best cables I have ever heard. He is on vacation right now for a few weeks, but shoot him an email anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back