25% Off Casey Abrams' Put A Spell On You on Chesky Records
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
Head-Fi Users Get 25% Off Put A Spell On You from Casey Abrams on HDtracks With Code HEADFICASEY
Get 25% off Already Specially Reduced Price!

"Includes fun selections." - Variety
"Great music, that is light and airy, we all need more of that, right?" - Staccatofy
"The new music showcases the spacious, lush, and multi-dimensional recording." - Twin Cities Media
Casey%20Album%203000x3000.jpg

The album showcases both Abrams frenetic energy, as well as the unique nature of his creativity as a songwriter and performer. Songs include the originals “Let’s Make Out,” “Robot Lovers,” and “Cougartown” as well as his compelling takes on a few classics such as “I Put a Spell on You,” “Georgia on My Mind,” and “Nature Boy.”

Abrams explains the album, “I wanted to put a spell on the audience with the new record,” he affirms. “I’m mixing a lot of covers that fans have heard live with originals that they’ve never heard before. It’s been fun to write songs about the new and cover things that are old. No matter what though, everything should put you in that kind of wonderful trance.”

Last Fall Abrams retreated to a decommissioned church in Brooklyn (The Hirsch Center) to track Put A Spell On You. During a two-day marathon session, he was joined by the members of his trio—Jacob Scesney [saxophone, cajón] and Taylor Tesler [guitar, vocals]—David Chesky in the producer’s chair, and a “mannequin microphone.” Put A Spell On You is a part of the Chesky Binaural + Series, all recorded with a single microphone. The new music showcases the spacious, lush and multi-dimensional recording.

“The church was amazing,” Abrams adds. “There was a natural reverb that you can’t get digitally. We recorded using this mannequin with microphones in it. You’re singing to this thing like an audience member and getting real stereoscopic sound. As time progressed, my sound has gotten more live and dirty. It’s more like you’re sitting in my living room now. It’s very spontaneous and rugged. That’s the beauty of this.”

All around musical wunderkind, Casey Abrams, has built a strong following through the years with two album releases (Casey Abrams and Tales From the Gingerbread House). Casey spent the last year touring internationally as part of the renowned collective Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox between launching his own nine-piece “funk orchestra” via select FunkHaus gigs.

Part of the Chesky Binaural + Series, all recorded with a single microphone, the band appears right before you with this spacious, lush and multi-dimensional recording. Now headphone users will hear the same three-dimensional sound and imaging as audiophiles have for the past 25 years with Chesky Recordings. Also these new Binaural+ Series albums capture even more spatial realism for the home audiophile market, bringing you one step closer to the actual event. You will hear some of the most natural and pure music ever recorded.

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 4
I was all ready to purchase this and then I remembered for some unknown reason @Chesky Records insists that I pull out my laptop to actually get the music I purchased because I'm required to use their special download program. I'm sorry guys but I'm not about to install something that replicates functionality already present in a computer I rarely use because my Android tablet happily does what I want. I won't even touch on the oddness of installing a special program to put everyday type files onto my computer where, once there, will be treated exactly like every other flac (my format choice but it could be alac or whatever) file I own. Perhaps if it was some special proprietary format that only some proprietary software could manipulate I could understand the requirement of using a special program. But if that were the case I'd never even consider purchasing in the first place.

Mar 20, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #4 of 4
I agree with you bsoplinger, I don't like to have a softare that replicates functions that my computer already has and there is no special thing involved in these downloads. The only thing that I can add to these comments is that the files you download on hdtracks can be used with every mp3 player or computer that can play high quality music. I own two Sony daps and I can play the files everywhere. Once you pay for them, you can use them however you are pleased to use. I also have the music in my desktop computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back