240GB iPod Classic
Jan 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bytor123

500+ Head-Fier
Hello folks,
Has anyone got experience with one of these modded iPod Classics? I love collecting music of all sorts and my 160GB is on the way to being full (I'm happy with 320's; can't tell the difference with anything higher I'm afraid). 
Also, any thoughts about what Apple will be doing with the Classic - will it be replaced with a 160GB Touch, for example?
Thanking you.

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 7
  Also, any thoughts about what Apple will be doing with the Classic - will it be replaced with a 160GB Touch, for example?
Thanking you.

I think Classic will be discontinued as it's just an option for 'storage'. But its a strong contender since no DAP has beat the 160GB onboard capacity it gives. To me it puts shame to other DAPs out there. So maybe thats the reason it's still available. Regarding sound to other DAPs, it can rivalled with adding in a good amplifier.

I dont know whether 160GB touch will come out since everything goes in stepwise fashion. 64GB...80GB???...120GB....160GB. So its hard to say whether they will jump from 64 to 160GB.

Since it's more than 2 decades since MP3 was released this a bigger SHAME that only 160GB is max.

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for that. I too love the Classic; easy to use and from what I can hear it sounds good too (I have a FiiO E11 and and SMSL amplifier - helpful to have a bit of volume). I'd love to see a bigger Classic - the 240's are very expensive in the UK...

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 7
  Hello folks,
Has anyone got experience with one of these modded iPod Classics? I love collecting music of all sorts and my 160GB is on the way to being full (I'm happy with 320's; can't tell the difference with anything higher I'm afraid). 
Thanking you.

There was a thread earlier last year with people buying them from china. Reasonable I think the verdict was.  If you don't mind the mod route then Dminor has reported success with the tarkan adapter and a 256 gig compact flash card.

With regards to the touch there were rumours of a 128 touch on the horizon.  Thing is though a 64 gig touch is now £329 so lord only knows what a 128 would be!

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #6 of 7
I bought a 240G classic on eBay a few months ago. Works fine, like my 120G classic. It's thicker than the latest official models though, probably the same as the earlier (G5?) 160G. You can also get mods with 256G of flash memory but they're more expensive.

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #7 of 7
I bought a 7th gen 256GB hdd model on eBay from China about 1 1/2 years ago and have had no problems with it. Have also got a 240GB ssd Whipmod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back