24 Season 6 finale - your thoughts
May 22, 2007 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SysteX

500+ Head-Fier
Spoiler warning!!!

What are your thoughts on the very ending of this season? Did Jack kill himself? I find myself imagining him jumping off the cliff and shooting himself in the head mid-flight--but maybe that's just me.
tongue.gif

May 22, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #2 of 7
I found it disappointing....just seemed to fizzle out at the end. Near the beginning of the season I saw Keiffer interviewed on some talk show and he said something to the effect that 24 was a series about human interaction, set in a terrorist-themed plot. I guess they're thinking that a soap opera has staying power. The "big" Chloe surprise seemed unnecessary to me. It seemed like an afterthought ... as if they were reaching for something startling to add to the end and that was the best they could come up with. Her character seemed completely unimportant this entire season ... as opposed to last season when her character really stood out and was second only to Jack's.

I don't know. I've watched it faithfully every season so far, but I think the honeymoon may be over for me. Perhaps the concept of one person single-handedly saving the world 2 or 3 times in one day has worn thin after several seasons.

May 22, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 7
I was really disappointed in the finale. Many things seemed forgotten or thrown in at random (what happened with the security audit guy, Chloe pregnant out of nowhere, Wayne's status, severe lack of action (though at least Josh finally got some guts), etc...). Jack's speeches at the very end were nice, but after that? Jack Bauer should not end the season staring lost over the ocean. Actually, the majority of this season didn't seem up to snuff, which is a shame since I thought it started with huge potential.

May 22, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 7
is milo's brother a ninja or something? he just vanished in front of nadia.

the sheer stupidity of CTU and government decision making in this season really annoyed me. of course the circuit board given to Doyle was a fake, etc.

May 22, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #5 of 7
I feel bad for Doyle. =T

And Nadia did a horrible job. Her stupidity and lack of command over CTU was very aggrevating. How does Buchanan come and tell her she did a good job... NONSENESE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back