24: Season 5...The Best Yet?
Mar 20, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #31 of 92
Forget the masks, they could have just walked in there and hit the button on the computer. Maybe CTU was locked down from the outside to prevent leaks?? I do think that some stuff is gonna go down with Russia though, the Russian pres seemed none too happy about the whole attack and might have figured from the first lady that something was up. I was surprised that they didn't make this season about China, given what happened last year. Excited for tonight, 24 AND prison break! Sweentess!
biggrin.gif

Slade

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #32 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
LOL, I loved that episode of Seinfeld!

I agree with Zanth on the Logan thing. The guy does a good job of convincing us to hate him for being this spineless leader that just needs to be beat up by his wife.

I don't understand the logic on the gasmask thing though, maybe I'm missing something. Even if masks were brought it, the place was already contaminated so the toxins would get trapped between the gas mask and the user...no?? Do the masks have a way to purge what is already in them??

Simple. They used the poison gas to clean house among the cast. Nevermind logic in this case
icon10.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #33 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74

I don't understand the logic on the gasmask thing though, maybe I'm missing something. Even if masks were brought it, the place was already contaminated so the toxins would get trapped between the gas mask and the user...no?? Do the masks have a way to purge what is already in them??

Take 1 firefighter, have him/her head over to the computer to begin flushing out the contaminated air. Have firefighter 2 come in with biohazard evac tent. Seal tent onto the doorway, force contaminated air out, filtered air in, unlock the door to the room with the victim in it, take out gas masks in sealed case inside the tent, hand them out, walk out clean as a whistle. This is a legitimate hazmat evacuation strategy that I have see on paper at one of my jobs. If we have it, the US has it and certainly a Counter-terrorism unit would have on file.

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #34 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
I was surprised that they didn't make this season about China, given what happened last year.

Me too. In fact, there was a special 20 minute teaser in the Season 4 dvd set which had Jack in Chicago 6 months before this season started. He was hunted down by a whole bunch of Chinese mafia looking guys. Chloe was there to help him out, but then nadda, it apparently has nothing to do with this season? Huh? I think perhaps there is more than meets the eye here!

*yippee! a transformer reference!*

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #35 of 92
Perhaps it has something to do with current politics with China?
Slade

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #36 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Take 1 firefighter, have him/her head over to the computer to begin flushing out the contaminated air. Have firefighter 2 come in with biohazard evac tent. Seal tent onto the doorway, force contaminated air out, filtered air in, unlock the door to the room with the victim in it, take out gas masks in sealed case inside the tent, hand them out, walk out clean as a whistle. This is a legitimate hazmat evacuation strategy that I have see on paper at one of my jobs. If we have it, the US has it and certainly a Counter-terrorism unit would have on file.

Their time table was too short for this.

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #37 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth

Gotcha, that makes sense.

I think things with China will heat up again.

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #38 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by SennFan
Their time table was too short for this.

How long did we watch the events unfold? 20-30 minutes? This could have been done in less than 5, transit time not included. If the fire department were called in immediately, it would have been a cake walk.

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #39 of 92
Anyone watching RIGHT NOW? I sure am...
biggrin.gif

Slade

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #40 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
Anyone watching RIGHT NOW? I sure am...
biggrin.gif

Slade

I thought it was pretty farfetched tonight; really, really requiring the suspension of disbelief . . . in a number of respects.

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #41 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
I thought it was pretty farfetched tonight; really, really requiring the suspension of disbelief . . . in a number of respects.

I know of one major mistake that well...is an impossibility. NSA, internet, Wetlist? Heh...whatever. Still, lotsa fun as always.

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #43 of 92
I get tired of people not letting Jack get his stuff done. Just get out of the way, he knows what he is doing. I agree that tonight was pretty unbelievable as well. What's up with Wayne P? What do you think he's up to? The VP seems pretty smelly to me, I don't trust him. I think it's a setup with Audrey too, just trying to mess with Jack. But still a pretty exciting night. Prison break was boring...
Slade

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:25 AM Post #44 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by SennFan
LOL, I agree that was pretty funny
tongue.gif

Is it possible to set a self destruct on data like Jack did? That was pretty James Bond like--way to go Jack!

It is possible, but not by "coding" something like he did and making it smoke for effect. There could be an erase script that would begin when the card was read for the first time or something or...if he used a special write once card, destruct next read kinda thing...james bondish there but possible. Still, would he just happen to have one of those on him? Maybe...I mean he is Jack Bauer afterall
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #45 of 92
The thing that I can't understand why Jack tortured Henderson but giving the lady (can't think of her name) immunity is the only way to get her to talk? Does Jack have a no torturing women policy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back