2359glenn | studio
Mar 22, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #35,836 of 39,981
Once again i am not getting emails notifying me of new activity in this thread. Its been about one week since I last visited this thread and came on today only to find that the Big Pink Elephant in the room everyone wasnt talking about has finally surfaced.

I told another Glenn owner a couple weeks ago in a PM that I thought the virus was already out of control and we werent being told the truth. In this case I hate being correct.

Due to not being able to drive because of my eyes I have essentially been a shut-in for the last six years. Sadly Long Island doesnt have affordable transportation,so I just stay home all day,every day. Im used to this stuff.

Then yesterday my beloved Angel of Light,Choo Choo was diagnosed with aggressive cancer. She had a seizure in my lap two nights ago so thats how we knew something really bad was happening. My wife and I cried all day long,and I sat upstairs with my Angel and watched as her breathing has rapid but shallow. She couldnt get off of the couch so I wanted to be there with her if the moment came. I stayed up until 5am watching TV with her,and then I was finally able to convince her to come to bed.

Today she seems to be feeling much better. Shes smiling and wagging her tail,and even ate some of my pizza. :)

Losing a dog is always difficult,but this dog has saved my life so many times I lost count. When I was ready to give up my thoughts would always go back to Choo Choo and I couldnt stand the thought of leaving her behind.

The vet says we may have days,weeks or perhaps months left with her. Im guessing she has had the cancer for awhile now as lately she has opted to stay alone upstairs ,whereas normally shes in my lap all the time. I had chalked it up to her getting grumpy in her old age,but the truth was much worse.

I dont know why im typing all of this here. I guess its therapy for me. I love my girl more than life itself.

66388427_387128912009296_5213021035170889728_n.jpg0731181439_HDR.jpg

Hey D - really sorry to hear that man, she looks like a very gentle and loving pup. No matter what happens, just remember you've given her a very happy life full of love.

Mar 22, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #35,837 of 39,981
I am sorry Monster
This is horrible I had a dog die of cancer some years ago. A dog is one of your children.
We knew she had it probably should have put her down but couldn't do that.
Cared for her until the end one of the worst days of my life.
One of my worries if this virus takes us out who will take care of the dogs after we are gone.

Mar 22, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #35,838 of 39,981
You have might my greatest sympathies. I lost my Dain March 1. They are just as much part of your family as any one else and the pain at their departure is felt just as deeply. Be strong and cherish the time you have left together. IMG_20170619_144032770.jpg

Mar 22, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #35,839 of 39,981
You have might my greatest sympathies. I lost my Dain March 1. They are just as much part of your family as any one else and the pain at their departure is felt just as deeply. Be strong and cherish the time you have left together.IMG_20170619_144032770.jpg
Im sorry for your loss Pippen. I was like "Why the hell did he post a pic of a friggin' tree" ? Only when I opened it up did I see your lovely friend.

The problem for me is I prefer the company of my dog over company of humans. This is going to be a tough one for me to overcome.

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #35,840 of 39,981
Once again i am not getting emails notifying me of new activity in this thread. Its been about one week since I last visited this thread and came on today only to find that the Big Pink Elephant in the room everyone wasnt talking about has finally surfaced.

I told another Glenn owner a couple weeks ago in a PM that I thought the virus was already out of control and we werent being told the truth. In this case I hate being correct.

Due to not being able to drive because of my eyes I have essentially been a shut-in for the last six years. Sadly Long Island doesnt have affordable transportation,so I just stay home all day,every day. Im used to this stuff.

Then yesterday my beloved Angel of Light,Choo Choo was diagnosed with aggressive cancer. She had a seizure in my lap two nights ago so thats how we knew something really bad was happening. My wife and I cried all day long,and I sat upstairs with my Angel and watched as her breathing has rapid but shallow. She couldnt get off of the couch so I wanted to be there with her if the moment came. I stayed up until 5am watching TV with her,and then I was finally able to convince her to come to bed.

Today she seems to be feeling much better. Shes smiling and wagging her tail,and even ate some of my pizza. :)

Losing a dog is always difficult,but this dog has saved my life so many times I lost count. When I was ready to give up my thoughts would always go back to Choo Choo and I couldnt stand the thought of leaving her behind.

The vet says we may have days,weeks or perhaps months left with her. Im guessing she has had the cancer for awhile now as lately she has opted to stay alone upstairs ,whereas normally shes in my lap all the time. I had chalked it up to her getting grumpy in her old age,but the truth was much worse.

I dont know why im typing all of this here. I guess its therapy for me. I love my girl more than life itself.

Like/dislike if you know what I mean. Stay strong. We have a small community here. I've had two dogs. Always find a good excuse to not have a third, but deep down I know the real reason.

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #35,841 of 39,981

Very sorry to hear of your trials with being home-bound and your Choo Choo's illness. Life can suck at times, but reaching out as you have here, always seems to help a bit. Hope you are able to find some solace, and hope for better days ahead.

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #35,842 of 39,981
You have might my greatest sympathies. I lost my Dain March 1. They are just as much part of your family as any one else and the pain at their departure is felt just as deeply. Be strong and cherish the time you have left together.IMG_20170619_144032770.jpg
And my sincere condolences for losing Dain, as you said, stay strong..

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #35,843 of 39,981

Oh man, I am sorry Monster. I have always been a dog person, too. This stinks on top of all the other whoa's we have going on right now.

Again, sorry, man!

Mar 22, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #35,844 of 39,981
Hope the humans here are staying healthy. So far, we have not caught it...

IMG_2719.JPG

Enjoying some new CD's here, thanks to Glenn's GOTL...
Visseaux 6N7G (supposed to be an early 1940's model) pair of KR 6J7's and quad of 6080's.

:xf_cool:

Mar 22, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #35,845 of 39,981
Mar 22, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #35,846 of 39,981

I‘m sorry to hear about your pupper MZ. Dogs have a way of always loving you no matter what. They never judge, are always happy to see you, and just seeing them can melt away the hardest of days. Give her all the love for us here. PM me your address and i’ll send her a few toys and snacks from Amazon.

Mar 22, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #35,847 of 39,981
Sometimes you need to reach out to people. We're all friends here, and here for you as well as we can be given the distance and separation.

From experience I know that there really are no words when you are about to lose someone you love. The best advice anybody ever gave to me when I was in this situation was to try as hard you possibly can to focus on all your GOOD memories and all the wonderful moments she has given you all these years, instead of focusing on those times coming to an end soon. We all have to go sooner or later, but we leave so many good things behind for others and so in that way we can live on.

Stay strong and take care MZ.

Mar 22, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #35,848 of 39,981
@Xcalibur255 oh really! They might be 6B4G, which are a close relative but different than 6A5G. The 6B4G is an octal base 6A3. The 6A5G differs from the 6B4G in that it has cathode sleeves, so it is indirectly heated, and the heaters are center-tapped and referenced to ground through the cathode. It is actually a really interesting tube! #1 you don't have to worry about hum or DC on the filaments since it is indirectly heated, and #2 you don't have to center tap your heater winding to cancel hum since it is built into the tube. The creation of the 6A5G was an attempt to reduce the noise of the 6B4G, but create a tube that was interchangeable with circuits built for it. So you get many of the benefits of a DHT without the tricky parts.

I could use 6B4G in this amp, but there will be some AC hum, maybe not a big deal listening on speakers though. Interestingly with the Visseaux 6A5G I have, I am beginning to think the internals are actually more similar to 6B4G. Difficult to see, but they may not have cathode sleeves and there is an audible hum when listening. It really isn't a major bother though and I doubt it could be heard when listening on speakers. I would be happy to have them if they turn up :) thank you.
You're right I think they were 6B4G. I couldn't remember. You probably would have no use for them in that case.

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #35,849 of 39,981
You're right I think they were 6B4G. I couldn't remember. You probably would have no use for them in that case.

Maybe you can rejuvenate your project?

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #35,850 of 39,981
Im sorry for your loss Pippen. I was like "Why the hell did he post a pic of a friggin' tree" ? Only when I opened it up did I see your lovely friend.

The problem for me is I prefer the company of my dog over company of humans. This is going to be a tough one for me to overcome.

Please accept my deepest condolences. I lost one of my dogs a couple weeks ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back