2359glenn | studio
Jan 18, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #17,941 of 39,983
A foot of heavy wet snow.
This is a disaster in North Carolina the state in in a state of emergency.
Would be nothing were I lived in Upstate New York.

Just ordered a new antenna and masts should get them on Monday.
Going to be hell putting it up in my bad condition.

Still think Joe and Ken sent it here.
bf60f963-33cb-46d1-a2a7-5ad7ae75426b-large.jpeg

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #17,942 of 39,983

We only break out the big coats when it gets to -20F or so. Today it’s a balmy 39. As we say in Minnesota... “Not the worst! Ya barely hafta wear a windbreaker over yer Case Keenum jersey, doncha know?”

Jan 18, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #17,943 of 39,983
You will have to leave for work a couple hours early!

My wife and I watch about the weather down there last night on TV...what a mess.

Like Ken said, it is cold here and we have snow on the ground, but the roads are plowed here in my small town also...so you can get around as long as you drive sensible.

Stay safe.

My head-fi buddy from Tennessee sent me this :)

This is quite funny but I have to make some corrections.

>1" schools closed for 3 days and stores emptied This happened about 3 weeks ago.
1" to 4" catastrophic and most people don't show for work.
8" to 12" everything closed including McDonalds I couldn't get a egg McMuffin this morning What. May have lost my business to Hardies that was open this morning
Everything more the end of the world. And the little burrowing mammals take over like they should smarter then the people. And they can get around in the snow.

As you can tell I am a northerner.

Lucy and I just laugh at all of them.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #17,944 of 39,983
We only break out the big coats when it gets to -20F or so. Today it’s a balmy 39. As we say in Minnesota... “Not the worst! Ya barely hafta wear a windbreaker over yer Case Keenum jersey, doncha know?”

Ha ha...good one.
Man, Case Keenum is playing very well, and that defense is stout!
I am rooting for the Vikings to knock off Philly!

This is quite funny but I have to make some corrections.

>1" schools closed for 3 days and stores emptied This happened about 3 weeks ago.
1" to 4" catastrophic and most people don't show for work.
8" to 12" everything closed including McDonalds I couldn't get a egg McMuffin this morning What. May have lost my business to Hardies that was open this morning
Everything more the end of the world. And the little burrowing mammals take over like they should smarter then the people.

As you can tell I am a northerner.

Lucy and I just laugh at all of them.

Oh man, no Mcdonalds...I love the Egg McMuffin, I always get mine with bacon.

I agree, burrowing mammals are smarter :o2smile:

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #17,945 of 39,983
We're getting some really hot days down under. It's will be in the 40s again today.

Been listening with this fdd20 tube for a few days. Such a lovely tone. One of the best but there's a soft hum and that happens on 2 tubes so far. Pins are cleaned and seated correctly.

Very nice!!!

This is the tube compliment that I will be interested in.

Wonder where the soft hum is coming from? Try some tin foil around the plastic adapter?

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #17,954 of 39,983
My fav cans with the OTL are what's shown here ... :)

Very nice :)

My son is going to be gone from home for awhile, so i bought a monitor stand so that I could fit both amps on my desktop.
It is getting a bit crowded though.

Going to listen to the Grado RS1 today.
Music soothes my soul!

Congrats to the owner got the new OTL...good times ahead.
DSC00563.JPG

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #17,955 of 39,983
My son is going to be gone from home for awhile, so i bought a monitor stand so that I could fit both amps on my desktop.
It is getting a bit crowded though.

Looks neat and fine collection of gear and headphones. There's still room on the desk for writing.

My large L shaped desk is full with a PC, 2 screens, Yggy, Rag and GOTL plus a printer. Oh the Bose Companion 5 speakers which haven't been turn on for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back