2359glenn | studio

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by silent one, Mar 9, 2012.
  1. 2359glenn
    That is the problem with a pool cleaning it you end up cleaning it more then you go in it.
    I hap a pool when I lived in New York but the kids liked it. Now just a hot tub.

2. UntilThen
    Yup the kids love it but now they're grown up and I can now indulge in my music. No more taking them to soccer games and piano lessons and birthday parties. Freedom !!! :ksc75smile:

3. 2359glenn
    Yea but old now 60
    I am burning the amp with C3g's and 6BL7s going to leave it on all night again with the C3g's.
    Get that part of the amp burned in a little.

4. UntilThen
    Haha Glenn. 60 is not old. That's when you start to climb Mt Everest. :)

The amp's going to be great with your thorough testing and burn in. I should be able to hit the ground running when it arrives.

5. whirlwind

I bought the OTL amp so I knew I was getting the most out of my HD800 and HD650, it won't disappoint.
    Being the Atticus & Eikon are both 300 Ohm headphones, they will not disappoint either.
    The OTL powers my planar headphone really well also....just not as well as the EL3N amp.

Talking to Zach, it seems I will have the Atticus before Christmas.

Glenn, 60 is not old.....but it is getting there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    UntilThen likes this.
  6. 2359glenn
    I try to test all my amps like this.
    Yours is getting a little extra because you live so far away not easy to send it back to
    me if there is a parts failure.
    So I run it for a few days around the clock and it gets a little break in.

UntilThen and Hansotek like this.
  7. Rossliew
    Outstanding work ethics there, Glenn!

8. jekjek
    Thank you for all your hardwork Glenn

9. 2359glenn
    Thanks guys
    I just switched tubes in Matt's amp C3g driving Chatham 5998s this is the best sound yet.

10. attmci
    Great QC process. However, we can train Matt to open the case and fix a bad cap. LOL

I also believe the high-end 6as7g tubes beat 6bx7/6bl7s.

11. 2359glenn
    When we get back from the supermarket I am going to do a direct comparison between the 5998 and 6BL7 with HD-800s
    Never had a cap go bad. Try to use the best Quality like BHC and Sprague.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  12. whirlwind
    Matt, note to self...discharge those caps before touching!

Will be great to hear your impressions.

13. UntilThen
    I was at my son's place last night and had a good listen to both HE560 and LCD-2f on the La Figaro 339. I must say it sounds good. Dynamics, clarity, soundstage, it's all there. It's only using cheap Mullard EF86 and Svetlana 6H13C tubes. Then my son told me he isn't using the LCD-2f because he finds the clamp too tight. So I brought it home in the hard case.

Now I'm using the LCD-2F on Ragnarok. Doing a swap around with Eikon, Atticus and HD800. I like the Audeze. It's a great tone with a heavier weight down low but my preference still remains as...

1. Eikon - 300 ohms closed back
    2. Atticus - 300 ohms closed back
    3. LCD-2f - 70 ohms open
    4. HD800 - 300 ohms open

The OTL will drive these really well. I have no doubt.

14. UntilThen
    Thank you thank you Glenn. All the folks here loves you already. I'm so happy mine is getting that extra. I'm really touched !!! :gs1000smile:

15. UntilThen
    Ross it's time you order the 300b. You'll get a little extra too. :wink: