2359glenn | studio

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by silent one, Mar 9, 2012.
  1. 2359glenn
    No as long as one tube is in the right 3 sockets and one in the left 3.
    Just has to be one on each side or only one side will have output.

2. mordy

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  3. mordy
    Hi,

I was astounded to watch this. Here is a little 9 year old girl playing the lead violin in a violin concerto with a philharmonic orchestra. I guess that she does not need notes since she wrote the piece herself.....
    Apparently, she is just as talented at the piano as the violin.

Totally amazing.....

4. UntilThen
    Mordy, that little girl is very cheerful and skillful. However there are a lot of child prodigy. Mozart started playing in public at the age of 6.

Me? I don't even have a ukulele but I'm content to just listen to what others play. Ulysses is currently burning in. He is coming home soon. It's unbelievable.

5. mordy

6. 2359glenn
    UT
    I am listening to your amp with Audio-Technica 32 ohm closed back phones.
    Using the 1633 and 6336 outputs sounding good with these hard to drive phones.

UntilThen and whirlwind like this.
  7. UntilThen
    Excellent. I can't wait to try out my new Cetron 6336b tubes. These are as solidly constructed as Bendix 6080wb and is cheaper but at 5a each, they can only be used in amp that are designed for it.

8. UntilThen
    Run in 6 x 6bl7 or 6bx7 at some point and tell me how it sound. :)

9. 2359glenn
    OK
    will try 6BL7s tomorrow.

10. Rossliew
    The anticipation is palpable....

11. jekjek
    GOTL is the best headphone amp I have ever had.
    You will not be disappointed

12. UntilThen
    This is the 3rd headphone amp that I've ordered in the last 2 years. The turn around time for this is incredibly fast, thanks to Glenn. Of the 3 amps, this gives me the most excitement because of the many positive experiences of previous owners and the incredible tube combinations. I thought with all the frenzied gear buying this year, I'll be cool by now but this OTL amp kind of tops it all. The anticipation is great indeed and Glenn is shipping it out by Monday.

Last night was the first time, I attempted to read through this thread. I only got to page 731 but I am reading all the positive impressions by everyone who have this OTL amp. This year I've had the opportunity to sample a lot of amps at Meets or at HiFi shops. A list of amps that I thought sounded good. Violectric V281, Ragnarok, Simeaudio Moon Neo 430HAD, Woo Audio Wa22, Wa5, Wa33. I also finally get to listen to a Bottlehead Crack with Speedball. Then I have amps that I actually owned and that includes Elise, Euforia by Feliks Audio and La Figaro 339, Ragnarok plus the Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP. I've since sold off the FA amps and Primaluna.

Against this backdrop I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Glenn's super OTL amp. It's a very nice way to close off the year. It's been a very good year I must say.

13. whirlwind

You are going to feel like you are in heaven with that amp and the Eikon & Atticus :beyersmile:

14. 2359glenn
    Still listening with the 6336 will put in 6BL7s later tonight.

15. UntilThen
    I told Zach that I'm getting a Glenn OTL and he is excited for me. :) It's fun to talk to Zach and I still do from time to time. :)

Anyway I still have unfinished business on earth. As much as I want to spin the Eikon and Atticus on Ulysses, I'm also curious about HD800 on it. Everyone who has the amp says it pairs very well with HD800. So let's see. I'l still undecided which tubes I'll roll first in it. I remember on Elise, the first tubes used were Lorenz C3Gs and Tung Sol 5998.