[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 3, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #5,071 of 7,442

Try sticking on two thin double foams on each driver and see how that works for you.

There's one thing I don't get: why would ship the monks+ with different foams that the originals considering how critical fit and the foams in general are? I didn't get the extra pack of foams so, in order to get a similar sound I had to spend the extra 5$? bummer.

I don't believe the new version is bad but, not exactly what I expected. It might take a while to get used to. 

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #5,072 of 7,442
I did it before posting with the same results.
There's one thing I don't get: why would ship the monks+ with different foams that the originals considering how critical fit and the foams in general are? I didn't get the extra pack of foams so, in order to get a similar sound I had to spend the extra 5$? bummer.

I don't believe the new version is bad but, not exactly what I expected. It might take a while to get used to. 

The new Monk plus is 64 and need more juice to sound best compared to the old Monk. You should also burn them in for 50 hours or so

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #5,073 of 7,442

Try sticking on two thin double foams on each driver and see how that works for you.

I did it before posting with the same results.

foam if paired with high quality earbud will do more harm than good,

that is why we r currently including only ultra thin foam , and 4 pairs for each MP

so u can double wear them if needed.

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #5,074 of 7,442
Does anyone know the relative diameters of the Monk and EM3?

I've not done a precise measurement but the EM3 looks to be around 1mm in diameter smaller then the Monk, the EM3 is also slimmer than the Monk.

It's not a massive difference but it is noticeable, when I walk with the EM3 I get a clicking caused by it moving inside my ear, the Monk is a tighter fit and doesn't move around. I personally find the EM3 to be more comfortable for longer periods.

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #5,075 of 7,442

Does anyone know the relative diameters of the Monk and EM3?

I've not done a precise measurement but the EM3 looks to be around 1mm in diameter smaller then the Monk, the EM3 is also slimmer than the Monk.

It's not a massive difference but it is noticeable, when I walk with the EM3 I get a clicking caused by it moving inside my ear, the Monk is a tighter fit and doesn't move around. I personally find the EM3 to be more comfortable for longer periods.

"fitting" is the most tricky part in earbuds lol, one with smaller ears can use bigger shell or take some getting use to.

one with lager ears will not like shell being too small, cuz they tend to fall off the ears lol

cheers

Lee

Aug 3, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #5,077 of 7,442
hmmmmmm, it is a tough question to answer lolol

Quote:
  Well I hope Lee will be prepared to get even more demand on those monks

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #5,079 of 7,442

Thanks, that's about 6% so enough to be noticeable I should imagine. Something for me to think about anyway,

Aug 3, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #5,080 of 7,442
Thanks zhibli06. Please send me a message if by any chance you decide to produce the original monks again. 

Edit: I had a problem with my source and it was causing a particular distortion that I accounted to the monks+. (Need to figure out how to fix it) I still prefer the originals monks though. Kudos to VE for such a nice work

Aug 3, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #5,081 of 7,442
Just Massdropped 3 pair of red Monk Plus. Can't wait to try them out. See so many great recommendations. If these work out I hope to have a set of Zen wired for balanced play on the PonoPlayer.

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #5,082 of 7,442
joined the drop again. really appreciate what lee has done!

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #5,085 of 7,442
@ilmothedude this is also my first drop. Thought the Monk drop would be a great time to practice. I will be buying more Monk now that there are Pono balanced models on the Venture Electronics website. Oh yeah!

Has anyone bought Monk from the VE website? Looks like I can either pick balanced Monk Plus or standard Monk Plus and the expansion accessory kit. Is there a way to get the accessory kit with balanced Monk Plus? Guess I could order both and have an extra Monk Plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back