[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
May 28, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #4,156 of 7,442
The Monk+ are winning me over.  Tubes seem to give them the fleshiness that I like about the Monk Originals.  Might a/b some more tonight.  Can't get enough of Monteverdi!  I am brought to tears listening to Laetatus sum over the Monk+.  : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN4m8bTfOKw

May 28, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #4,159 of 7,442
I accidentally killed my only pair of original monk.. NO!!!

RIP

Joined a massdrop..

u can actually mod it 
rolleyes.gif

May 28, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #4,162 of 7,442
What's their complains then? I don't have an account but for a limited edition, I assume it can cost a bit more than 5 ridiculous dollars.

Some were complaining about the look, the potential knock-off of the shell (explained very well by Lee), the color, the supposed "sound quality" for $5....just general lack of knowledge trashing of something they know nothing about....it was derogatory towards Lee and VE...completely uncalled for...

May 28, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #4,164 of 7,442
Some were complaining about the look, the potential knock-off of the shell (explained very well by Lee), the color, the supposed "sound quality" for $5....just general lack of knowledge trashing of something they know nothing about....it was derogatory towards Lee and VE...completely uncalled for...

as long as its ve monk, im in!
tongue.gif

support @zhibli06

May 29, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #4,165 of 7,442
There should be an anniversary pack consisting of 7 colours. Hehe

May 29, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #4,166 of 7,442

I hope Mr Lee doesn't mind. It's a shame for all the Americans who appreciate the work he's putting in his little company.

May 29, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #4,167 of 7,442

I hope Mr Lee doesn't mind. It's a shame for all the Americans who appreciate the work he's putting in his little company.

sounds to me , u wanna say "It's a shame for all the Americans who can't appreciate the work he's putting in his little company." lol

but I got what u mean, and trust me~ I got used to it lol.

here is a couple of things very common in China.

1st no one dare to review the monk , I am not asking people to put their rep on the line like @DJScope  for me ~ but u can't see any of our reviews in Chinese Reddit ( gotta pay to be there)

2nd people , when praising the Zen, would choose to start by calling me a diy brand, then make fun of our name VE (again , I did NOT heard the name "vision ears" ever before I named my company and brand.

3rd in China, U do need to "buy" their reviews.

So I did the only thing I can do, and I think most of guys who knows my style can take a pretty good guess how I am telling them to go and xxxxxxxxxx

so u got the picture~ lol

Cheers 

Lee

May 29, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #4,168 of 7,442
  sounds to me , u wanna say "It's a shame for all the Americans who can't appreciate the work he's putting in his little company." lol

1st no one dare to review the monk , I am not asking people to put their rep on the line like @DJScope  for me ~ but u can't see any of our reviews in Chinese Reddit ( gotta pay to be there)

2nd people , when praising the Zen, would choose to start by calling me a diy brand, then make fun of our name VE (again , I did NOT heard the name "vision ears" ever before I named my company and brand.

So I did the only thing I can do, and I think most of guys who knows my style can take a pretty good guess how I am telling them to go and xxxxxxxxxx

Cheers 

Lee

May 29, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #4,169 of 7,442

1st no one dare to review the monk , I am not asking people to put their rep on the line like @DJScope
  for me ~ but u can't see any of our reviews in Chinese Reddit ( gotta pay to be there)

Cheers 

Lee

1100+ on the MD, speaks of the passion, or WANT of passion for your product, Lee! I think it is well earned and desereved.

I know you will, but please stay passionate about what you are doing! Good sound to all! Thank you, and cheers!

May 29, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #4,170 of 7,442
Regarding to the Monk with mic version I can use my Monk with Meizu M1 Note without any mic because M1 note has a second mic for calls. If your phone has that feature I don't think you'll need a mic on your earphones. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back