[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Feb 26, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #1,921 of 7,442

m3+monk+full foam is pretty good as well

Quote:
  Poor man's best rig ever:

$75 tomtop Xduoo X3 + 11.11 Ali Sale $50 Fiio Q1 + MONK = $130 of pure multiple eargasm. Or like @Hisoundfi s avatar:

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #1,924 of 7,442
I know it's not closely related to the topic but is there anyone who uses/tried the Monk with an iPod 5 (60GB), the old, big one without anything else, no amp and etc? I was browsing through sites and forum topics and some consider them to be the best iPods yet (and the 5.5). I'm currently using my Monk with an iPod nano 3g, I don't know if that would make a difference in sound quality or not.
I have no amp or whatsoever, so it's just music player+earbuds.

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #1,925 of 7,442
I know it's not closely related to the topic but is there anyone who uses/tried the Monk with an iPod 5 (60GB), the old, big one without anything else, no amp and etc? I was browsing through sites and forum topics and some consider them to be the best iPods yet (and the 5.5). I'm currently using my Monk with an iPod nano 3g, I don't know if that would make a difference in sound quality or not.

No man, stick with it. IPod's good and Monk's not hard to drive.

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #1,926 of 7,442

I'll try to remember to try it out when I get off work, if I don't post anything about it in a couple days, send me a message to remind me if you like.

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #1,927 of 7,442
there is one problem with the Monks... they can cause insomnia... they sound the best at night and then this thought keeps appearing in my mind "hm how will x or y sound with the Monks?" :) for example yesterday at 2am I was floored with Caverna Magica by Vollenweider :)

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #1,928 of 7,442
  I know it's not closely related to the topic but is there anyone who uses/tried the Monk with an iPod 5 (60GB), the old, big one without anything else, no amp and etc? I was browsing through sites and forum topics and some consider them to be the best iPods yet (and the 5.5). I'm currently using my Monk with an iPod nano 3g, I don't know if that would make a idifference in sound quality or not.

It works great

Feb 27, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #1,932 of 7,442
In my opinion the KZ HDS1 has a loooong way to the sq provided by the Monk, as always YMMV...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back