1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

2019 New Product: aune S6 Pro DAC/Headphone Amplifier with Balanced Outputs

First

Back
  1. ilikepooters
    Output power into lower impedence loads (25-50ohms)? Remote control?

2. Suppa92
    How many AK4497 dac chips are used in this?

To my knowledge AK4497 is a 2-channel (stereo) dac chip, so I believe two of these chips have to be used to implement "True-Balanced" Dac section.

3. Baten
    [​IMG]

I'm not so sure about your logic though. Plenty of PRO audio like the RME ADI-2 use a single chip and most definitely operate fully balanced.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  4. Suppa92
    Are you sure that RME uses only one AKM chip?
    I'm sure that to implement a "True-Balanced" dac you need a chip that support (at least) four channels (Eg: Most ESS chips has 8 channels so, even one chip is enough) but since AK4497 is only two channel you need two chips to make a "True-Balanced" dac. DAC unit in this aune has to be "Fully-Differential" but not "True-Balanced" like Questyle CMA400 or THX 789 amp.

5. Baten
    100%. Here is an internal pic property of basshead.club, they use 1 single chip too. You might be right that it is fully differential and not dual mono but does it really matter?

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  6. Suppa92
    I think it does because Only "True-Balanced" dacs or amps have the "Common-Mode Rejection". I don't think "Fully Differential" circuits can do that.
    From my experience "True-Balanced" dacs helped me from controlling some noise issues I get when I'm using amp with Non-Balanced dacs.

7. Baten
    Common mode rejection is inherent to any balanced signal :) as long as there is no noise before your cable run it will be cancelled out, differential design or not.

I know this is a delicate subject since true balanced is much more costly, but I find solace in the fact that a company like RME can make a flagship DAC with a single chip. They know very well what they're doing.

8. DarKu
    I just finished my S6 PRO review
    I liked it a lot, actually I am thinking of replacing my DAC with it, S6 PRO sounded unexpectedly well with my IEMs and my full-sized headphones.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  9. marka250
    Looks gorgeous, hope they are better than the S7.

10. meringo
    Well, This device isn't great. The pre-amp functionality seems to suck the life out of the sound quality, and the volume pot creates significant noise when the knob is touched. This, and finding out that it isn't compatible with my recently purchased XP1 is disappointing :frowning2: This is gonna cost a lot to ship back to China. UPDATE: costs too much to return. Will only be used with a headphone amp.

Last edited: May 24, 2019 at 9:12 AM
First

Back