2017 MUNICH HighEnd...
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #16 of 23
On Friday afternoon I was at the Hifi Deluxe in Munich, the ultra high-end (meaning ultra-costly gear) spin-off of the High-End show at the Marriott hotel. Some manufacturers exhibit their products only at the Hifideluxe. Anyone interested in some impressions? This thread doesn't seem to be all too active... I managed to listen to almost all of the setups, including the new top tier headphone amplifier by Mal Valve (with Stax SR-009).

Please do! I just posted my own impressions:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/munich-highend-2017-show-report.850536/#post-13503000

Anyone going to Canjam Europe (I heard its in Berlin this year) or London?

May 21, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #17 of 23
With a headfier friend we went 3 days to Munich and we are back now. The 'revelation' of the show was the new A&K ultima SP1000. BIG step Up compared to the AK380, expecially in termes of details. We intensively tested the SS and CU version with a Shure KSE 1500 elektrostatic in-ear. I prefered the CU while my friend prefered the SS. He feels that he lossed some details with the CU. I could agere but still I prefered the added warms of the CU. Matter of taste ! :)

A&K SP1000 +KSE1500.jpg

Besides this A&K there was many other good products but No other revelations...

But there were "fun" products like this near field speaker system (some sort of "headphone alternative" ) ...:wink:

Near field Speakers.jpg

and this "levitation" LP player

LP levitation.jpg

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #18 of 23
Mm..so, confirming what I expected: SP 1000 outperforms the 380. Question: did you use a full-sized headphone straight out of the SP 1000? I am intensely curious if it can drive almost all headphones out there specially the flagships. Or does it still need an external amp? How is the revamped UI? The new crown dial? How does it feel to hold it?

May 22, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #19 of 23
Mm..so, confirming what I expected: SP 1000 outperforms the 380. Question: did you use a full-sized headphone straight out of the SP 1000? I am intensely curious if it can drive almost all headphones out there specially the flagships. Or does it still need an external amp? How is the revamped UI? The new crown dial? How does it feel to hold it?
for tests we used only my friend's SHURE KSE1500. There are ( 5 ) contacts at the bottom available for an external AMP but... A&K told us that they have no AMP in development since instead they open the specs to allow third party manufacturer top develop AMPs (and docking stations) for the SP1000.

Btw the UI is very snappy and rescanning very fast. It feel very robust and enjoyable to hold and operate

May 22, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #20 of 23
Mm...now I inderstand why they opted to make the SP 1000 more conventional (more straight angles). To make it easier for third party companies to make an external amp that matches the design of the SP 1000.

May 22, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #21 of 23
Mm...now I inderstand why they opted to make the SP 1000 more conventional (more straight angles). To make it easier for third party companies to make an external amp that matches the design of the SP 1000.

yes... now, to match the SP1000, I wish SHURE comes with a new version of the KSE1500 with (1) balanced analog in, and (2) a flater amp box that will fit better under a DAP/Phone. No need to change their earbugs, just to improve and redesign the amp/dac.

May 23, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #23 of 23
Posting this here as well because this page has so underwhelming options.
Here are my photos and impressions, altogether 122 photos. I uploaded them to Flickr because of organisation and ease of use. I don't like disorganisation. Click on the first image and then click next. My commentary is on the bottom under almost each image. I took all these images for you, users of Head-Fi enjoy. Munich High End 2017 on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back