1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

2015 Tokyo Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone festival

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
2 3
Next

Last
  1. KB Contributor
    Just wrapped up the Tokyo headphone show, was as always awesome. There is so much awesome audio "stuff" at these shows its crazy.

hpfes2015a_image_730.jpg

Campfire IEMs were well traveled.. :wink:

campfireaudio_table.jpg IMG_0778.jpg

Lots of CDM love going on.

IMG_0738.jpg  

I thought the new Fitear was really cool.

IMG_0781.jpg

Next show for us will be the December e-Earphone show in Akihabara.

Cheers.

Ken

ALO Audio Stay updated on ALO Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.aloaudio.com/
    Currawong and FUJIYAAVIC like this.
  2. AnakChan Moderator
    [Edited: Pix added]

Great to see you there Ken.
    L1000019.jpg

I did really enjoy your AK380 -> CDM -> HE1000 setup there. A very sublime setup with the smoothness from the tubes.
    L1000018.jpg

These were nice not-so-little-yet-comfortable DAPs by Pioneer & Onkyo which were announced in IFA. We, in Japan, finally got to demo these and I do really like them. They're very reasonably priced.
    L1000016.jpg

VentureCraft is also getting into the DAP game and this was also a nice sounding player. The software was still very clunky alpha and the housing felt rather plasticky though. Their pricing is around  ¥90,000 which I think is quite steep compared to the Pioneer XDP-100R and Onkyo DP-X1.
    IMG_8748.jpg

I also tried the Heada Amp. You can read about it in Burrawong's Review here
    L1000013.jpg

FitEar debut their first hybrid with Fostex collaboration. I have to admit this one didn't thrill me as much as i found the treble a little rolled off for my tastes.
    L1000020.jpg

Antelope showed their Zodiac Platinum with Rubidium Atomic Clock.
    L1000021.jpg

This was surprise #1. Stax announced the release of the SR-L700 and to be honest, I wasn't expecting very much however when I heard it, I felt tonally it was a good fit between the SR-009 and SR-007Mk1s. The SR-007/9s probably edged out in terms of resolution over the SR-L700 however, tonally the L700s were very well balanced.
    L1000022.jpg

The Sennheiser HD800s was also a recent announcement. Very subtly it smoothed out the treble peaks.
    L1000023.jpg

Axel Grell
    L1000075.jpg

Currawong
    L1000078.jpg

Marshal Banana
    L1000080.jpg

Audeze showed off it's LCD-4s. Another nice sounding headphone however heavy as always.
    L1000055.jpg

There's been much talk about the Cowon Plenue so I had to give it a shot. It was nice too but I have to say, unless I have the Pioneer/Onkyo/VentureCraft the differences aren't glaringly different.
    L1000058.jpg

The Shure KSE1500 was the #2 surprise. I have to admit when I first heard it I was telling myself, "It's not that great"....I think I couldn't believe it myself that it sounded brilliant that I convinced myself that it was "just nice". We were given only 5 mins to listen & take pix as there was a rather convoluted queuing system just to listen to these. However later when Jude showed of his personal loaner/review unit, he had his AK380 line out into the KSE1500's line-in amp and it was just really brilliant. Mentally I jumped onto the other side of the spectrum and til now, a few days later, I can't forget about the KSE1500 - which will be detrimental to my wallet. Keep an eye out on these chaps.
    L1000024.jpg

Chord had a very fancy presentation of the Mojo which unfortunately I didn't attend. I have to say I do like the Mojo. It's left a bigger impression on me than the Hugo (but I haven't heard the Hugo for many many months).
    L1000059.jpg

Noble Kaiser 10 Universal Aluminium were really beautiful sounding. Excluding the Shure KSE1500 electrostats earphone/DAC-Amp combo,I would have to say that the K10 Universal Aluminiums would have been the most impressionable earphone to my ears. In fact I was desperately trying to hunt down Brannan to see if I could borrow a pair for 2 weeks. Most of you would wonder why I would do that when I already have the custom K10's but somehow I just feel the urge to compare the two.
    L1000067.jpg

One of my favourite transportable tube amp makers Analog Squared Paper was there too. Shikada-san continues to improve his offerings with tweaks here and there. 
    L1000068.jpg

Ultrasound showed their Edition M's there. They're the introductory to the Edition series using 30mm drivers. They're not as V shaped as their Edition 8s. They are very light too. However tonally they're not my taste.
    L1000069.jpg

AudoQuest's Skylar (background) was present along with the NightHawk and Beetle.
    L1000084.jpg

Who are these handsome devils!?
    L1000039.jpg

L1000042.jpg

Suyama-san of FitEar and John Darko of DigitalAudioReview
    L1000048.jpg

Kawahata-san of Fostex & Jude
    L1000052.jpg

Nao-san of Sony and Currawong
    L1000056.jpg

The fans at Yamazaki-san's Atomic Floyd exhibit 
    L1000071.jpg

Narumi-san, our friendly Ultrasone girl
    L1000081.jpg

Tomoe-san, our local celebrity made a show too
    L1000072.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed this long lengthy picture post. Yours truly
    (Photo courtesy of Kenzo Kono of Emilai) 
    L1000045.jpg  

arnaud, Currawong, FUJIYAAVIC and 6 others like this.
  3. TeamHiFiMAN
    Here are some photos taken from Day 1 of the Tokyo Autumn Headphone Festival.

Thanks for everybody who came and attended! It was exciting to see you all!

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
    Currawong and FUJIYAAVIC like this.
  4. Currawong Contributor
    Posts from the other thread (which I haven't moved, as it would muck up Ken's nice first post):

Sitting on the floor is an unusual thing in Japan, and I've been here long enough I normally don't do it, but by that time in the afternoon my feet were killing me, so spending some time listening with the Shures was welcome.

Funnily enough, the L507s almost might. But I have the HE1000s, HD800s and Ethers...

The lines used to be quite bad, but enough has been spread out throughout the day that they weren't as bad as in past years. Some people line up to get the bargains that are on sale. 

5. gabriel-dan
    I was there on Saturday I really enjoyed the shown, however it was overwhelming. All kinds of amazing headphones and related gear. There were about 5 floors full of equipment and people. It was almost a mission to audtion some of the new stuff. I did not meet Currawong however I met Jude, nice guy.
    I Spend Sunday in Akihabara shopping for photography equipment.
    All I can say is if you like headphones, the Fujiya avic is Disneyland for headphones, amps and related equipment.:D

6. arnaud Contributor
    Having litteraly only 1h to enjoy the show I expected this would really just be about saying hi to old friends like Jude et al.

It turned out to be one of the nicest experience since I have been going to these spring and fall festivals.

I already posted my impressions in the various threads so this is just linking to OPs in chronological order:

Stax L-700: http://www.head-fi.org/t/677809/the-stax-thread-iii/6780_30#post_12021579

Sennheiser HD800S / New orpheus (discussion with axel grell, the father of the HD580/6x0 and HD800, no less!):
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/731658/rumor-new-sennheiser-flagship-to-be-surfaced-soon/510_30#post_12021549
    And
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/785577/sennheiser-hd800s-unveiled/300_30#post_12021524

Shure KSE1500: http://www.head-fi.org/t/785377/shure-kse1500-review-shure-kse1500-sound-isolating-electrostatic-earphones/360_30#post_12021649

I wish I had more time and hang out with everyone during and after the show. Life's too crazy at the moment unfortunately, will try to do better next time :wink:.

Cheers,
    Arnaud

Ali-Pacha likes this.
  7. AnakChan Moderator
    I've just updated my Post #2 with my picture-heavy and thought-light post.

8. gkanai Contributor
    Thanks for the photos! Once you are not in Tokyo, you miss it a lot.

9. Marshal Banana
    Great show!
    It was nice to meet some well known headfiers.
    I really liked the new shure KSE1500 (maybe the best IEM I heard so far), the Dharma D1000 (very new flavor), the new Lambda 700 (fantastic sound for a price not so high) and the Ether I listen for the first time (I think my favorite planar headphone).
    The Fitear Air were good but not as good as other high end hybrid IEM like UM Maverick or Oriolus to my ears.
    I liked also a lot the Onkyo customs IEM, especially there monodriver entry model which is I think a fantastic value.

10. Mimouille
    I can't believe I always miss these...everyone was there. I waaaaaannt to cooooome.

11. Ra97oR
    Wish I was there.

Was Estron there with a new FitEar plug for their cable?

12. h1f1add1cted
    Big thanks for photos and impressions!

13. whoever
    Arrrrrr I'd love to attend and go back to Tokyo....love this city

14. audionewbi

Let's make a deal, next year if you come ill go too. :grin:

15. whoever
    [quote name="Mimouille" url="/t/785747/2015-tokyo-autumn-fujiya-avic-headphone-festival#post_12024461"I waaaaaannt to cooooome.[/quote]

Well.....

Ok....i quit

2 3
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.