2015 Denver CO summer meet 6/27
May 8, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #31 of 132
I should be there, barring any complications.

Can bring my Shure SE846, SE535.  Will bring my LCD2.1, and will bring my Leckerton Audio UHA-6S.mkii and CEntrance HiFiM8.  I'll also bring my Noble K10, but since those are customs people won't be able to try them.

May 9, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #32 of 132
I'll be there. 

Two DAC/Amp combos:
Schiit Modi Uber --> Asgard 2 
Schiit Modi USB --> Vali

Sources:
MBPr 13" + external drive running Audirvana & Jriver MC20
Fiio X5
ALAC - mostly classical and Jazz

Cans:
HD 598 ( stock cable and a 1/8" cable replacement)
HD 650 (stock cable)
RHA MA750i (bring your own tips)

May 11, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #34 of 132
I'll be in Colorado Springs for work in June coming all the way over from Belgium. I just might be able to make it to Denver :)

How big of a bribe would it take for you to smuggle many bottles of Westvletern XII into the country?
:)

Hope to meet you in Denver,

May 11, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #35 of 132
How big of a bribe would it take for you to smuggle many bottles of Westvletern XII into the country?
:)

Hope to meet you in Denver,

Actually, I hardly tasted that beer myself :) But there's so many good beers, there's plenty to choose from. I'll see if I can bring some.

Funny story actually, on my last trip to Ecuador, I brought some bottles of beer in my trekking backpack... Unfortunately 4 out of 6 bottles broke during the flight. Customs didn't find it suspicious though as they let me pass even after it went through the scanner :p

May 11, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #37 of 132
  Do headphones sound different at high altitudes, or is it just the result of recent changes to CO State laws?

I have some appreciation for these environmental listening conditions. First, I went to Berkeley in the 80's. OK, headphones weren't that advanced then, but music sounded awesome on my walkman cassette player when I was, er, medicated. I started working for the government in 1993, so my medication has been limited to those of the prescription variety since then. I do, however, live at 7300 feet above sea-level (Denver is way down low for me :). Now I can't A/B test high altitude vs high, but from my admittedly degraded memory, I will say the 'phones sound better under the latter environment. 

May 12, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #38 of 132
Attendee list updated, at this rate it looks like we'll have a nice crowd.
smile.gif

I'll be in Colorado Springs for work in June coming all the way over from Belgium. I just might be able to make it to Denver :)

You don't happen to work in the defense industry, do you?
wink.gif
Would be cool if you could make it, hope to see you there!

May 12, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #40 of 132
  You don't happen to work in the defense industry, do you?
wink.gif
Would be cool if you could make it, hope to see you there!

I guess you could say that yes. I am a software engineer at a company that writes software for defense & avation.

May 12, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #41 of 132
I am quite surprised by the number. I wonder if we are going to have enough tables!

Oh there'll be more than enough tables, that's actually one of the reasons I booked this particular location—they have lots of tables!

I guess you could say that yes. I am a software engineer at a company that writes software for defense & avation.

Cool, must be interesting to work on that stuff. I work in software too but in a different area. Btw I asked that question because Colorado Springs is well-known 'round these parts for its military & defense installations.
wink.gif

May 13, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #43 of 132
If you're looking for square footage I don't have a number, but the library's Web site reported it can have up to ~70 people (not sure in what type of configuration for that number though, just a guess but might be classroom-style). When I saw it in person, I estimated that with standard Head-Fi meet configuration of the tables (that is, tables close to the walls and going around the perimeter of the room), it'd allow for up to around 30-35 gear-displaying Head-Fiers. Plenty of space for additional people to just walk around too.

May 17, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #44 of 132
  If anyone has any closed headphones they would not mind bringing to the meet that would be nice. I am desperately searching for a closed pair of phones to connect to my midi for composing music. I have a deadline for a composition in August and I still have not bought anything. I was going to get the Audeze EL-8 closed but reading the reviews in the forum is making me wonder if it is a real gamble.

Thanks,
Derrick

I will be bringing some Shure 1540's and Beyer DT770-250. I'm leaning towards selling the 1540's, so maybe, if you like, we can work something out.

May 17, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #45 of 132
Anyone have Beyer T1's, T90's, and/or T70's they might be able to bring? 

edit: oops, and T5's too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back