2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #181 of 269
  http://pro.ultimateears.com/line-drive

This was mentioned earlier....can anybody explain what it does in layman's terms?

Ooo Ooo! Pick me pick me!

I got to work with UE so I actually played with it quite a bit. It's a really cool device. It's one of those things that people dont realize they need, but it can potentially make more of a difference than even your source or amp.

In a nutshell, BA drivers are highly sensitive and we as consumers these days expect to buy a product that drives everything, so they're often not optimized for driving BA drivers. For that reason, many people have noticed that their IEM may sound different when plugged into different amps or players. The line drive is what UE calls an impedance transformer, which gives the IEM a consistent impedance throughout its frequency range and removes the inconsistency in sound. Mike Dias likes to explain it as "hearing the IEM the way the manufacturer designed it to sound."

For most cases, I've found that it fills out the lower end quite a bit and gives better separation to the sound. Depending on the source you use, the difference can be very drastic. On the other hand, for something like the AK240, which is pretty good at driving IEMs, the different wasn't as substantial.

I feel that its one of those products people dont think about buying, and feel they dont need it. After getting to play with it all weekend and introduce it to lots of people, most of them left very impressed and its actually the only thing UE sold out on.

Anyways... I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by posting this. I dont work for UE or anything and it's my honest opinion so I think it should be fine.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #182 of 269
So it can, for example, take a signal from a high impedance output and provide a consistently low impedance output for BA IEMs?

Cool.

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #183 of 269
Anyways... I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by posting this. I dont work for UE or anything [...]

You really knew your stuff though! Thanks for all the help and for letting me borrow your dap when I didn't have my source with me! Will test it out next year when I have more play in the budget, and more time (the yellow shirt kinda eats freetime, didn't even finish the raffle card). Oh well. :)

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #184 of 269

@AxelCloris, I was keeping my eye out for you too!! I know your real name (mwhahah), so I don't think we ran into each other unfortunately. Don't be sad! Had a blast there, so planning on hitting up more events in the future. 

I spent a lot of the show gathering show coverage, and didn't get to hit everything I wanted to hear. It was very easy for us to miss each other. Hopefully we'll have another chance soon. CanJam SoCal perhaps?

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #185 of 269
Did anyone stop by Torque Audio, I missed their booth somehow.  I was interested in the t096z and might still order one if they had a show coupon.

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #187 of 269
Yea, Brianna took Jose out. He thought it was pretty funny.

Yes she did but at least was somebody pretty! 
wink_face.gif

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Oct 8, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #188 of 269
Oct 8, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #189 of 269
Oct 8, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #190 of 269
Alright so I kind of wanted to check in again since I might be missing something... but did they never officially announce the prizelist or vendors participating in the SHaG? Normally it's pretty easy to find...

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #191 of 269
  Alright so I kind of wanted to check in again since I might be missing something... but did they never officially announce the prizelist or vendors participating in the SHaG? Normally it's pretty easy to find...

The prize list was never officially announced. We'll know what all is involved when they announce the winners. Let's give them some time to get everything in order before getting antsy about the SHaG prizes. I can tell you that Team CanJam still isn't done with their RMAF 2015 work, so it may be a bit before we hear more details.

The vendors who participated were the ones you had to visit on the card. Each manufacturer in that list contributed a prize to be raffled away.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #192 of 269
  Did anyone stop by Torque Audio, I missed their booth somehow.  I was interested in the t096z and might still order one if they had a show coupon.

I only listened to their on/over ears. Tunable headphones by rotating the pads is an interesting idea.

Look at post 12 on the first page of this thread. @Allanmarcus posted a picture of his completed card. The guys said they would draw winners about four or five days after they got home and then it would take a bit to notify the winners and vendors, so I would not expect anything from them before this weekend or early next week.

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #193 of 269

The prize list was never officially announced. We'll know what all is involved when they announce the winners. Let's give them some time to get everything in order before getting antsy about the SHaG prizes. I can tell you that Team CanJam still isn't done with their RMAF 2015 work, so it may be a bit before we hear more details.

The vendors who participated were the ones you had to visit on the card. Each manufacturer in that list contributed a prize to be raffled away.

Look at post 12 on the first page of this thread. @Allanmarcus posted a picture of his completed card. The guys said they would draw winners about four or five days after they got home and then it would take a bit to notify the winners and vendors, so I would not expect anything from them before this weekend or early next week.

Thanks for the clarification, that's why I asked 
beerchug.gif

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #195 of 269
Hello!

I've just made it back to the UK after chilling for a few days in Denver and wanted to stop by and say a HUGE thanks to everyone for coming to say hey at the weekend! It was great to catch up with everyone and meeting some new faces!

Another HUGE thanks to Jude, Warren, Stef and everyone who helped out with organising this year. Another sterling effort this year in getting everything to run smoothly (and putting up with several complaints about the air conditioning).

We'll be sending out the discount code to those who signed up to the mailing list at the show very soon! Drop me a PM if you missed out on the sign up.

See you in So Cal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back