2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #121 of 269
Glad you stopped by the Noble booth and I was able the help you with all the Noble models. I'm happy you liked the Noble line up, the Savant it truly a special product. If I knew you were a Head-fi'er that would have been cool, maybe next time.

Jim (bearded guy with glasses)

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #122 of 269

Holy re-post batman. Please everyone, don't quote all the lllooooonnnnngggg posts. Edit out the pics and text so us lazy folks don't need to scroll our phones for ten minutes to get to your comments. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. :D

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #123 of 269

One of the sad things about RMAF is that it is too much of a great thing where your choices and discoveries seem endless. Going from one room to the next the wonderful sounding setups start to blend with only a few exotic systems standing out - and mostly for looks as they all sound great. Furthermore, the prices are well hidden and mostly scary so you don't bother asking. Occasionally, they are posted on the wall outside confirming your fears. With the room systems averaging $50k on the low end and going up dramatically - even the speaker wires were $10,000 each, not a pair - you expect a lot from room to room and become snobby for the ultimate sound like the focal speakers were putting out in style.

That being said, I had no way of knowing that the Elac was a reasonably priced speaker as it blended in with the rest of the very high cost speakers which says a lot. If I would have known, I would have spent more time and could have given you a better answer. It wasn't a focal, but at that price I wold have auditioned it harder to take home to my office setup. Bummer!

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #125 of 269
Sorry, I'm at work and didn't have time to edit

Isn't that why you have a "waiting room"?  
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #130 of 269
Nice profile pic. Dan. Your not trying to rub it in are you?

I wouldn't do that... @jude is going to Tonya Harding me before SoCal if I do it too much.  
eek.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #133 of 269
Ha,ha. That's funny. One legged man wins Rmaf can jam Grand Prix.

Hey - That's better than the outcome of the one-armed man from The Fugitive...

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #134 of 269
  Hey - That's better than the outcome of the one-armed man from The Fugitive...

One of the guys in the race had a broken collar bone and took off his sling to race.  I don't recall how well he did, but he did beat at least @Hansotek, so there's that!

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #135 of 269
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back