1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. john57
    Audeze was at CanJam and in room 2017 RMAF upstairs. CanJam was not the only game in town.

2. YtseJamer
    Did someone hear the new Elac F5 speakers ?

http://www.audiostream.com/content/elac-my-favorite-room-rmaf-2015-man-thats-just-crazy#OirqqGMILzAZOv1m.97

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/10/04/rmaf-2015-elac-is-electrifying/

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=137722.0

3. Talai
    Maybe I'm just glossing over it, but does anybody know where the list of prizes for the scavenger hunt could be found? And/or when they'll announce the winners?

4. warrenpchi Administrator

Not yet, we'll be holding the drawing in the next few days or so.  [​IMG]

Silver-barreled with black caps and accents.  Not sure what tips it comes with (as the above seems to be a prototype), but knowing RHA I'd be willing to bet that there'd be a plethora of nibs available, along with a handsome case.  The clip is integrated into the unit this time, which I rather like because I keep losing those things when they come as separate pieces.

The bottom end can be a bit heavy at times - especially if you're writing about pop, rap or EDM - but the weight is nicely balanced if you're writing about acoustic music.  Overall, it's a fun write, and its performance hits well above its weight class.  A very good value.  Not sure how long the warranty period is on this one, but I'd hazard a guess that it's 3-years.  It's always 3-years.

As opposed to figuratively?

Yes, sorry I didn't have time to chat.  [​IMG]  Joe's blessing left some monumental shoes to fill, we were just trying to keep up.

I see we're starting with da crazy talk already... okay then let's do this!  [​IMG]

I borrowed one of the portables on Saturday night, and proceeded to run a little stress test of my own.  With a Questyle QP1R as the source, I used the Cavalli portable to drive an JPS Labs Abyss (yes, an Abyss).  It was very linear throughout the entire frequency range, acting almost as a correction circuit in bringing out the lower mids (which lesser amps can sometimes struggle to output)... while rendering the Abyss's trademark bass presentation with impact, speed and texture.  The pairing was exceedingly clean and transparent, and even had a nicely layered soundstage.  Not once did the portable sound like it was straining, nor did I even tap into the portable's maximum volume.

Does anyone want to whip out some Cavalli Portable > HE-6 impressions for a trifecta?

On that note, I'd like to offer my personal thanks to all of the wonderful exhibitors who stayed until the end of the show.  Your professionalism and courtesy is a testament to your dedication in serving our community, and we would be pleased to welcome you back to future CanJams.  [​IMG]  Thanks guys!

Are you home yet?

5. Stillhart

Well it was a little odd, given that Beyer was right across the aisle from Woo.  

For the record, I was going for some clever metaphor, which failed my sleep-addled brain and left a vestigial "literally" in the middle of that sentence.  But I don't need grammar; I is teh Karting Champions!

6. warrenpchi Administrator

Go Team Head-Fi!  [​IMG]  I should have taken the time to teach you the Head-Fi Gang Sign.

7. Stillhart

Is that the one where you hold your hand about face-height with the palm facing towards yourself and all the fingers curled into a fist except for the thumb and middle finger?

8. warrenpchi Administrator

Lol, no, it's close to that but not exactly that.  I actually have my palm facing down on the mouse, so that my forefinger can fire off the PM which invites people to join the grand prix.  [​IMG]

9. mscott58
    I heard that Dan's invitation was going to 'accidentally' get lost next year...

...at least that's what Jude said. [​IMG]

10. Stillhart
    Mmmmm.... salty!

11. warrenpchi Administrator

Seriously who knows how this Interwebs thing works... just a bunch of tubes apparently... or magic.

Um... I promise you I was going to say something brilliant just now.  Anyway, um, probably best in PM as we're now way off topic.

12. Hansotek

I had my HE-6 there, but didn't think to try it. [​IMG] Alex didn't think it would. If I knew you had used it successfully with the Abyss, I would have given the HE-6 a go!

13. Stillhart

I have it on good authority that tubes don't actually have to make the internet sound warmer and more distorted.

On topic, those new Fostex mk3 cans were surprisingly good.  Anyone else get a chance to hear them? 

14. pbui44

No, it's the one where you hold your hand about face-height with the palm facing towards yourself and all the fingers curled into the fist except the pinkie finger and index and middle fingers stuck together and your tongue in between the pinkie and middle finger. :wink:

BTW, I will probably be at CanJam SoCal or RMAF next year.

15. warrenpchi Administrator

Aww man... we will probably never know how that would go down.

Lol, no, they don't.  [​IMG] 

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.