1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. Cotnijoe

Ooo Ooo! Pick me pick me!

I got to work with UE so I actually played with it quite a bit. It's a really cool device. It's one of those things that people dont realize they need, but it can potentially make more of a difference than even your source or amp.

In a nutshell, BA drivers are highly sensitive and we as consumers these days expect to buy a product that drives everything, so they're often not optimized for driving BA drivers. For that reason, many people have noticed that their IEM may sound different when plugged into different amps or players. The line drive is what UE calls an impedance transformer, which gives the IEM a consistent impedance throughout its frequency range and removes the inconsistency in sound. Mike Dias likes to explain it as "hearing the IEM the way the manufacturer designed it to sound."

For most cases, I've found that it fills out the lower end quite a bit and gives better separation to the sound. Depending on the source you use, the difference can be very drastic. On the other hand, for something like the AK240, which is pretty good at driving IEMs, the different wasn't as substantial.

I feel that its one of those products people dont think about buying, and feel they dont need it. After getting to play with it all weekend and introduce it to lots of people, most of them left very impressed and its actually the only thing UE sold out on.

Anyways... I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by posting this. I dont work for UE or anything and it's my honest opinion so I think it should be fine.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ service@uniquemelody.org
  2. x RELIC x Contributor
    So it can, for example, take a signal from a high impedance output and provide a consistently low impedance output for BA IEMs?

Cool.

3. themastercheif

You really knew your stuff though! Thanks for all the help and for letting me borrow your dap when I didn't have my source with me! Will test it out next year when I have more play in the budget, and more time (the yellow shirt kinda eats freetime, didn't even finish the raffle card). Oh well. :)

4. AxelCloris Administrator

I spent a lot of the show gathering show coverage, and didn't get to hit everything I wanted to hear. It was very easy for us to miss each other. Hopefully we'll have another chance soon. CanJam SoCal perhaps?

5. Demo3
    Did anyone stop by Torque Audio, I missed their booth somehow.  I was interested in the t096z and might still order one if they had a show coupon.

6. bretemm
    What are the specs on them? I can't find any ohm information or impedance

7. musicman59
    Yes she did but at least was somebody pretty! [​IMG]

8. Demo3
  9. Steven R. Rochli

Elac speakers are giant killas for the $. Been reporting on the upcoming/new models for months at various shows and did an interview/write-up with designer Andrew Jones. www.EnjoyTheMusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0915/Andrew_Jones_Elac_Article.htm

I predict many, MANY awards from around the world on 'em.

10. Talai
    Alright so I kind of wanted to check in again since I might be missing something... but did they never officially announce the prizelist or vendors participating in the SHaG? Normally it's pretty easy to find...

11. AxelCloris Administrator

The prize list was never officially announced. We'll know what all is involved when they announce the winners. Let's give them some time to get everything in order before getting antsy about the SHaG prizes. I can tell you that Team CanJam still isn't done with their RMAF 2015 work, so it may be a bit before we hear more details.

The vendors who participated were the ones you had to visit on the card. Each manufacturer in that list contributed a prize to be raffled away.

12. bearFNF Contributor
    I only listened to their on/over ears. Tunable headphones by rotating the pads is an interesting idea.

Look at post 12 on the first page of this thread. @Allanmarcus posted a picture of his completed card. The guys said they would draw winners about four or five days after they got home and then it would take a bit to notify the winners and vendors, so I would not expect anything from them before this weekend or early next week.

13. Talai

Thanks for the clarification, that's why I asked [​IMG]

14. deafanddumb
    I agree...was a budget stand out...thankfully ear cups will be easily replaceable :)

15. RHA Team
    Hello!

I've just made it back to the UK after chilling for a few days in Denver and wanted to stop by and say a HUGE thanks to everyone for coming to say hey at the weekend! It was great to catch up with everyone and meeting some new faces!

Another HUGE thanks to Jude, Warren, Stef and everyone who helped out with organising this year. Another sterling effort this year in getting everything to run smoothly (and putting up with several complaints about the air conditioning).

We'll be sending out the discount code to those who signed up to the mailing list at the show very soon! Drop me a PM if you missed out on the sign up.

See you in So Cal?

RHA Stay updated on RHA at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/rhaaudio https://twitter.com/rha https://www.rha-audio.com/uk/?utm_source=Head%20Fi&utm_campaign=Website_Hyperlink&utm_medium=link
    Frank I likes this.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.