2014 audio highlights /and regrets!
Jan 1, 2015 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ra97oR

CanJam London 2016 Karting Champion
Happy 2015, looking back at 2014 it have been a pretty nice year in terms of audio. Not the most exciting with launches, but certainly the ones that I have heard from Audio Technica have been excellent.

Purchases:
  • Loved the BTG Starlight I bought for my MH334, certainly wasn't expecting any improvement but it delivered plenty.
  • Bought a second hand A2000X in Japan which I missed for such a long time since I last parted with it in 2011. Silly bargain price.
  • The new desktop amp while totally unknown but certainly delivers.
  • SRM-727 is a great addition, but I am loving my dynamic collection a bit too much currently with the upgraded amp.

Highlight auditions:
  • Audio Technica really done it for me this year, great IEM range to new portable headphones, CKR9, CKR10 and MSR7 punches above their price range, the IM03 sounds absolutely lovely with a reasonable price tag.

Slight disappointment:
  • Chord Hugo, while a improvement compared to my current portable is lacking in a lot of area. Big size, lack of UI and most importantly recessed sockets that makes half your cable unusable with it. It sounds fine and would certainly expected with the price tag.

Looking forward to hear the new Sony sometime soon, along with their new PHA-3 portable amp.

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 4
D: you got ignored!

I'm late but I'll try to contribute so it's not so lonely in here.

Highlights:

Had another local head-fi meet. They are quite fun and I enjoying talking audio with like-minded people.

After a near 3-year search for a headphone with a certain sound signature, I purchased a pair of HE560s. Just what I had been looking for.

Regrets:

Not enough new music this year. I still keep my ears open for new stuff all the time but I bought fewer CDs in 2014 than I had in any of the past 15+ years. Was a real down year for me on that front, most of my purchases in 2014 were oldies from the 50-70s!

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 4
It is good, but I like new stuff, all of the older albums I bought I either used to own, or something I put off buying but was familiar with the material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back