2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Aug 17, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #451 of 483
Quote:
Feel free to bring it over to Plaza B and plug it into the Balancing Act  
biggrin.gif

Oh, that's where I'm stationed. Seems someone *cough* purrin *cough* doesn't like us and is trying to stick us all together. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #453 of 483
Hey, I know this probably isn't the most important thing, but does anyone know if there will be Wi-Fi at the Hilton?  3G is sloooowww...

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #454 of 483
East Entrance Loading:

When turning into the hotel, take an immediately right into the somewhat scary looking alleyway. You should see a dumpster or two at the end of the alley. There should be three loading docks. Load at these docks. I believe they lead into the kitchen area (at least I know one of the doors does) which snakes through a hallway before hitting some elevators. Make sure you take the second set of elevators going downstairs to level "LL" and not the first set elevators going up the the rooms.

Supposedly there are freight elevators outside the loading dock which also lead to the level "LL", where the Ballroom Plaza where the event will be. A few people will be outside on the lookout to guide folks in. We should also have a few handcarts to make the haul easier.

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #456 of 483
Quote:
East Entrance Loading:

When turning into the hotel, take an immediately right into the somewhat scary looking alleyway. You should see a dumpster or two at the end of the alley. There should be three loading docks. Load at these docks. I believe they lead into the kitchen area (at least I know one of the doors does) which snakes through a hallway before hitting some elevators. Make sure you take the second set of elevators going downstairs to level "LL" and not the first set elevators going up the the rooms.

Supposedly there are freight elevators outside the loading dock which also lead to the level "LL", where the Ballroom Plaza where the event will be. A few people will be outside on the lookout to guide folks in. We should also have a few handcarts to make the haul easier.

And still no using that loading dock after 9:30? If so, do we just bring trip after trip from the parking structure through the main lobby? I can't believe that is really what they would want us to do.....

Edit- i see no one has a pair of Victor/JVC-HP DX1000 , maybe i will throw mine in one of the bags...gently.  Don't get much press lately but they are pretty cool.

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #457 of 483
Got the gear packed up and ready to go. Basically the Big Heavy HifiMan Rig.

Bringing:

HifiMan EF-6 Amp.  (Heavy Beast)

HifiMan HE-6 Headphones.

HifiMan HM-801 Player. (Actually bringing two, one to hook up full time to the HifiMan Rig, the other for me to bring around to use with other gear for my own use.  If someone want to try out the HifiMan HM-801 with portable setup, just let me know.  I'm dedicating one for the EF-6 + HE-6 Rig)

Music Fidelity V-Link USB to SPDIF.

Extension Cord.

Misc. Cables.

Various Portable Gear, but won't be left at the table.  (Head-Amp Pico Slim, JH Audio JH-13)

-Ed

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #458 of 483
Just to clarify, self seating is no table, correct?

I didn't need a table anyways as all I am bring are a few sets of headphones.

I noticed that the DT880s aren't listed so I will bring those. I'd love to hear the difference between these and the DT990 in person.

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #459 of 483
Have a great meet guys. Was hoping I could somehow get out to this, but from the start it looked bleak and had to cancel. Sent some goodies out with Anaxilus, though. Love to hear everyone's thoughts on the Bryston BHA-1. There should be at least 2, perhaps 3, at the meet. Also my colorware HD800s will be there if anyone wants to inspect the quality of paint and the fit and finish they apply. It's really top tier work.

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #460 of 483
Finally done packing!

Wow...I'm only going to sleep 4 hours!

See you in the morning fellow head-fi'ers!

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #461 of 483
See you guys in the morning. I'll have:

1. Denon AH-D7100 Artisan
  2. Sennheiser Amperior
  3. Parrot Zik (if you are interested in trying the Zik, I suggest you download the Parrot Zik iOS or Android app ahead of time, as the Zik's active noise-canceling, equalizer, and DSP can only be controlled/adjusted with the app)
  4. Sennheiser MM 450-X (with both USB and discontinued 30-pin APT-X dongles)
  5. Philips Fidelio L1
  6. Philips Fidelio M1

When I saw a Fostex TH-900 on the list, I left the one I have behind, as I didn't want to check any luggage.

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #462 of 483
see you guys tomorrow.  

I'll be bringing

Nuforce HDP
Ibasso PB2
Audeze LCD-3.

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #464 of 483
Quote:
Well I was able to reschedule conflict for morning and may even make it in time for the loading docks
smile.gif

Yay! 
smile.gif

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #465 of 483
Going to be on my way shortly. Looking forward to the meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back