2012 Best DAC & AMP for Sennheiser HD650
Sep 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #16 of 28
Well let me throw my 2 cents in.  I just got the HD650's and paired them with the Leckerton Audio UHA-6S MKII.  I find it to be a very good match.  I use it pretty much just as you described your intended uses would be.  I do not know how hard it would be to get it outside of the US though.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #19 of 28

Yes, I have, but not long enough to form a thesis. What do you need to know? The Pan Am is at its best with headphones over 300Ω and good with headphones over 60Ω. I have a rather lengthy review up finally today.
Quote:
Has anyone tried HD650 with ALO Audio Pan Am?!

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Yes, I have, but not long enough to form a thesis. What do you need to know? The Pan Am is at its best with headphones over 300Ω and good with headphones over 60Ω. I have a rather lengthy review up finally today.

I have read the review, which is going to hurt my wallet!! I was just throwing the Pan Am out there as an option for the OP to look at!! I see the Gateway, how do you like it compared to the Passport other than portability? Thanks again!

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #21 of 28
I'm running my HD650s through an Asus E1 and have to say that they sound awesome. I must admit that I do not have a lot of experience (none really) with other amps but according to reviews I've read the E1 has really good bang-for-buck and my ears concur. :)

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:
I am planning to upgrade to more serious listening. For headphones I have always been big fan of Sennheisers hence finalised on HD650. Looking forward to use the cans for

Use 1 - On chair entertainment
  Source : Apple MacBook Pro
  Amp : ??
  DAC : ??
  Headphone : Sennheiser HD650

Use 2 - Little mobile in-home entertainment
  Source : Apple iPod touch
  Amp : ??
  DAC : ??
  Headphone : Sennheiser HD650

I read lot of discussions and articles to choose the best of Amp & DAC to fit the 2 uses. I have around £200.00 to £300.00 to invest on best Amp + DAC. Waiting for response. Thanks :)

I too love my HD650's. I also have the iPod Touch. For me, the TTVJ Slim amp is a great match for your source and the 650's. It is a somewhat warm sound, lively and smooth, not harsh in any way. I have listened for hours on end with no fatigue whatsoever. It is a great combination!

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #23 of 28
As a completely different approach, why not spend a little more and buy an iBasso DX100. Very good with the Senns and a great one box solution at home and on the move. Down the road you could add a better desk top amp to complement it and extract a little more from the 650s, but it's amazing by itself.

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #25 of 28
I currently own a Woo Audio 3+, as well as a pair of Sen Hd 650's. I was using them through a Nad c326bee integrated receiver, which was feed with a rotel cd player, as well as a Project 3 turntable.
To be honest, I was not happy with the digital sound, wether it be through cd's, or an ipod played through the receivers input. The analog vinyl sounded awesome through the Woo, and Hd650's.

Just the other day I ordered a Dac through Schiit audio. I got the Modi for $99. and man what a difference.
This dac is being fed from a usb of a old and tired HP laptop

This dac puts out 24/96 as its max, and thats fine with me, I could not be happier with the way things are sounding now.
If you have a woo, crack or other OTL amplifier with HD 650's, and you are not using a dac, I suggest you send a $100 and try the Schiit modi, it will make a World of difference.
This is my first step into the world of dac's, and this one surely makes a great improvement.

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #28 of 28
Hello,

Just purchased a pair of HD650 yesterday.

Hi-fi enthusiasts in Turkey have recommended Matrix M-Stage Dac/Amp to go with it whereas I had Asus Xonar U7 in mind.

Gaming-wise which one should I go for? Music-wise, would U7 be trampled too badly by Matrix ?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back