2011 Meet in the Netherlands: March 27th, Soest!
Feb 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #136 of 323

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Presto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amps: Creek OBH-11 amp and a Quinpu Q-2; Amps are really no good, and i don't have anything beefy enough for the K340, so if someone has a Darkvoice or something similar, I would love to hear the potential of the 340 before buying an amp for it.

Try a good integrated amplifier for the K340, cheaper than most 'separate headphone' amplifiers...

Thanks for the advice, though my set-up is headphones only and quite compact, so not really looking for an integrated amp for now.

Back on-topic, I should be able to make it on the 27th, I will be driving, so I can offer a ride from the Delft area to anyone who needs help with transport.

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #138 of 323

Quote:
Hi all, mostly a lurker on these forums but would like to join!

Stuff I can bring:

Grado SR80
Grado SR325i
MS1000
AKG 340
AKG 400

I also have a DacMagic, though I believe there will be others too;
Amps: Creek OBH-11 amp and a Quinpu Q-2; Amps are really no good, and i don't have anything beefy enough for the K340, so if someone has a Darkvoice or something similar, I would love to hear the potential of the 340 before buying an amp for it.

If you don't want it to be too expensive the X-can v8 does an excellent job with the K340.

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #139 of 323
I won't be able to make it to the meet (health problems), but if anybody wants to listen to any of the gear I have (see profile) you are more than welcome to come by and have a listen at your leisure.

Feb 13, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #140 of 323
Quote:
I won't be able to make it to the meet (health problems), but if anybody wants to listen to any of the gear I have (see profile) you are more than welcome to come by and have a listen at your leisure.

Now that would be cool...

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #141 of 323

Quote:

Warning: Kees has a very vicious dog! 
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I don't know what you have but it's a shame you are having health problems and won't be able to attend the meet. I wish you all the best.

Feb 14, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #142 of 323
Sorry you can't make it Kees

@Joe Presto; I'm from Voorburg, tohenk2 is from Den Haag, maybe we could arrange something with the 3 of us. If I'd ride along with one you I'll be able to bring more stuff then when I'd go by train.

Together with member Stormbringer, we can probably make a nice table with his laptop, my E7/E9 combo (sorry, I have a better Neco mosfet amp, but no better DAC) and at least some Grado's to compare: SR225, SR325, HF-2, also a MS-2 is being shipped to Holland right now, but I don't think I have all 3 Grado's anymore by march, I'll sell/trade the one I like the least. Is there anyone who owns a RS2/RS1?

Still, we can plan whatever we want, but without a confirmed location.....

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #144 of 323

Quote:

Sorry to hear that Kees. I hoped you were doing better by now. Still the best wishes for you in that case.

However, interesting that you have the LCD-2. A mini-meet sounds great. I would love to compare that headphone against my ED9. It's about the only headphone I can imagine will kick the ED9s ass on every genre. How do you feel it compares to an Ultrasone (seeing that they all suffer from a dip in the mids)? A stupid question but still...
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, hope to see you around sometime again!

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #145 of 323

Quote:
@ Proglover: If a location is set, I'd be able to take the two of you, although I am currently driving a tiny car, it will fit as long as you aren't tall and you can remove your legs temporarily :wink:

I think I will drive myself thank you very much (without you pulling my leg :wink: But the suspense of the location ...

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #148 of 323

Quote:

However, interesting that you have the LCD-2. A mini-meet sounds great. I would love to compare that headphone against my ED9. It's about the only headphone I can imagine will kick the ED9s ass on every genre. How do you feel it compares to an Ultrasone (seeing that they all suffer from a dip in the mids)? A stupid question but still...
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm also very interested in hearing the LCD-2. My Denon D7000 doesn't exactly rock my musical world like I hoped it to be. I see myself trading/selling, going towards LCD-2, T1 or Ed.8, so much to explore....
And then there's also the search for portable headphone nirvana, enjoying the ride, but not exactly there yet.

I really hope we can arrange a place, have this meet. Would be very nice to meet and talk to people who are also enthiusiastic (and crazy) about headphone sound, and try some new things.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #149 of 323

Quote:

I'm also very interested in hearing the LCD-2. My Denon D7000 doesn't exactly rock my musical world like I hoped it to be

Nevertheless, I would love the chance to listen to your D7000. I've never heard any of the Denons, and I am considering buying that one. (Even more shockingly, I've never heard the HD650, HD600 or K701/2 either.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back