2011-2012 NBA Season....Finally!!!
Dec 18, 2011 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

HeatFan12

Headphoneus Supremus
It's here....Took me months to recover from the Finals, but a new season is upon us.  How would a 66 game season affect the teams with playing back to back to backs?  Could the Celtics hang?  Too much drama in Laker Land?  Will the Clippers be the staple of Staples Center this year with their new additions?  Will Superman find a home?

Your favorites to take it all?  Predictions?

Heat regular season 55-11....Will win the East and face OKC in the Finals.....
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

Look out for Norris Cole, rookie point guard....We're still very small, but the growing pains that all the teams are going through this year with their additions, we went through last year....

Good times ahead....
beerchug.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #3 of 19
Agreed...OKC should challenge Dallas for the #1 or #2 seed in the West.  Westbrook will be the key, imo.  He was pulled towards the end of the Dallas series last year.  You can't have your star PG benched during crunch time.  It's a young team and Perk has lost a bunch of weight, so he'll be quicker.  Hopefully he'll still be able to bang it up with the big boys.  They've been right there the last couple of years.  I think this year is theirs...

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 19
I think OKC is going to win the West but I can't decide who'll win the East. Knicks got some good veterans with Bibby and Baron Davis who  just signed with the Knicks. They're pretty set down low too with Chandler and Amare, and of course there's Melo. The other teams I think may win the East are Heat and Bulls. Rip should be a real good addition at SG for the bulls. 

I also think the Lakers are pretty down with all this drama. But you can never count out Kobe, he's pissed as hell with everything's that happened topped off with his wife filing for divorce..  

I gotta admit, I'm pretty excited to watch Griffin (he really needs a nickname) catching alleyoops from CP3. This just may be the year Clippers come out of the shadows of the Lakers.  

Celtics are done IMO. They lost Perkins from the Green trade and now Green is out for the season. They also lost Davis.. age is going to catch up to this team. 

Overall, I am just very happy for the soon to be starting season, FINALLY! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 19
There are many teams that are up for contention. Sadly, New Orleans lost their shot at that when Stern vetoed the deal. Hopefully the Nets pick up somebody good. D12 to the nets!

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 19
The Bulls needed another scorer and Rip will fill that void. 

Man, it's weird seeing Big Baby in blue with the Magic. 

Agreed, the Clippers will be the cinderella team to watch in the West.  Blake has some good help now, they just have to step up the defense.  I am also liking Golden State this year.  Monta Ellis is a very underrated player that does not get the credit he is due because of a small market.  They also added Brandon Rush from the Pacers.

If I was worth about $375 million and my wife asked for a divorce and I did not have a prenup, I'd be very worried....She just might buy the Lakers...lol......Definitely too much drama in Laker land, especially with a new coach and Gasol & Bynum knowing they are being dangled for bait for Howard....I don't see them even making the playoffs this year.  Too many other good teams in the West that will fill their spot...

The Knicks are also looking very good.  The East is going to be a close race.  With the drama in Orlando as well, if they don't deal Howard, it will be a long season for them.  Just finished watching Heat & Magic and Howard's mind is obviously in New Jersey...lol...Heat won by 33.  They are looking good with these rookies as well, with two spots to fill.  Battier was a great addition as well, but he did not play tonight.

Great for the season to be on the way.....
beerchug.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 19
I just watched the Heat & Magic game too, and yes it's very weird to see Big Baby in Magic blue. It became a blowout in the 2nd half, and Magic fans has got to be worried even though it's only preseason. I think it's better if Orlando just deals Howard and get some assets in return so they don't risk losing him for nothing. 

Oh yes the Warriors are also going to be exciting to watch. I'm curious if management is still trying to trade Ellis to give Curry the reins. But Ellis has this knack of getting to the rim and he is so damn fast. I also like rookie Klay Thompson. Let's see if David Lee can play to his potential this year after a rather disappointing season last year. 

Also interested to see the Wolves and Rubio. They were pretty crap last year but they should have a pretty good core now with Rubio, Derrick Williams and Love. They won't make the playoffs this season but seems to be pretty set for the future. 

I feel bad for Portland fans. It was sad to see Roy retire at his prime because of injuries. He had franchise player potential and was one of the top 10 players a couple years back. Imagine if they had their nucleus healthy with Roy, Oden and Aldridge...

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #10 of 19
Merry Christmas!!!

12-25-11 (Sunday)

Boston vs. New York
Miami vs. Dallas
Chicago vs. LA Lakers
Orlando vs. OKC
LA Clippers vs. Golden State

--------------------------------------------------------------------

12-26-11 (Monday)

New Jersey vs. Washington
Milwaukee vs. Charlotte
Houston vs. Orlando
Toronto vs. Cleveland
Detroit vs. Indiana
OKC vs. Minnesota
Denver vs. Dallas
Memphis vs. San Antonio
New Orleans vs. Phoenix
LA Lakers vs. Sacramento
Philadelphia vs. Portland
Chicago vs. Golden State

---------------------------------------------------------------

12-27-11 (Tuesday)

Atlanta vs. New Jersey
Boston vs. Miami
Minnesota vs. Milwaukee
Sacramento vs. Portland
Utah vs. LA Lakers

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #12 of 19
My Knicks are finally back -- cannot wait until tomorrow.  Happy Holidays to all. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back