2010 Stockholm Meet new dates: 26-27th March 2011
Feb 4, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #31 of 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeardBen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, it's good to see that it's within walking distance of Centralstation.  It'll be nice to minimize time spent trying to figure out the bus routes and such.

Any idea how many people are coming?  How many came in 2009?

Don't worry about being "only" 20 - I'm 24, and there's not so much difference there...

- It's a nice walk from Central Station if the weather is good but if not just hop on bus No.1 (at the end of the Arlanda Express platform) and get off at Scheelegatan, I think it's two stops.  Then just walk down N. Agnegatan, cross Polishusparken and you're there.  Alternatively take the tunnelbana one stop to Rådhuset.

- No idea.  In 2009 we had about 10 people showing about 30 rigs (see the impressions thread) and then about another 30 visitors spread over the 2,5 days.

- I'm "only" 44, no difference at all.
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #32 of 57
Nice with some new dates! I will be able to bring the Lavry DA11 and the Audio Technica ESW10JPN's atleast, still havent gotten arround to shop for a propper amp for my HD800's, hopefully I find something to pull the trigger on.Been thinking about heading over to audioconcept some day to have a little shoot out between the Leben CS300 and the Sonett, but I havent gotten arround for it yet.

Feb 21, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #33 of 57
Great, I'll definitely be there. Hopefully with some new toys :)

Feb 22, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #34 of 57
Well, I've got a few additions to what I'm bringing.  Anyone who's wanted to hear a piece of Schiit will get a chance, as I just received my Asgard, serial number 000270 (only 14 after Srajan's review model, so I can only assume that there's paltry few in 230 V countries and probably no others in Sweden...).

I'm also about to buy a second-hand pair of HE-5LEs, and depending on the release date of the Fiio E11 I may have one of those too (or hemorrhage the money for an iBasso PB2)...  Sadly, I'm also eying the Grado RS-1 as portable headphones, but I think I may have to talk myself out of them by getting one of the aforementioned portable amps for the Hifiman.

Speaking of, if all that transpires I may be looking to sell my HD 600s at the meet, and if I end up getting the PB2 or the RS-1, the Asgard and MS-1i might go, respectively...  Who knows.  I really should stop spending money.  On the other hand, I did just sell my Nikon TC-14E II for 2000 SEK... That covers rent for next month...

Sorry, I kinda ended up with a stream-of-consciousness going there...

Feb 22, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #35 of 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeardBen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing is, I hate taking the bus since my debit/credit cards don't have chips... So it takes forever for the things to confirm my PIN.  Unless the buses in Stockholm take cash, that is.

Well, I've got a few additions to what I'm bringing.  Anyone who's wanted to hear a piece of Schiit will get a chance, as I just received my Asgard, serial number 000270 (only 14 after Srajan's review model, so I can only assume that there's paltry few in 230 V countries and probably no others in Sweden...).

I'm also about to buy a second-hand pair of HE-5LEs, and depending on the release date of the Fiio E11 I may have one of those too (or hemorrhage the money for an iBasso PB2)...  Sadly, I'm also eying the Grado RS-1 as portable headphones, but I think I may have to talk myself out of them by getting one of the aforementioned portable amps for the Hifiman.

Speaking of, if all that transpires I may be looking to sell my HD 600s at the meet, and if I end up getting the PB2 or the RS-1, the Asgard and MS-1i might go, respectively...  Who knows.  I really should stop spending money.  On the other hand, I did just sell my Nikon TC-14E II for 2000 SEK... That covers rent for next month...

Sorry, I kinda ended up with a stream-of-consciousness going there...

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #36 of 57
I'll definitely have the DB1/PB1/PB2 with me. Hopefully a nice pair of Denons also.

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #38 of 57
Really looking forward to this. I'll bring an iBasso Boomslang, a Pelican PB2, a HD600, a HD650 and the iBasso balanced senn-cable for them. Oh, and my still going strong Westone 3. :)

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #39 of 57
Looking forward to the weekend!

Struts, what will the schedule for the event be? Starting 10.00 Saturday? Also, will Audioconcept supply us with sources as they so generously did last time?

Mar 24, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #40 of 57
Also interested in this, what's the schedule? 10.00 saturday?

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #41 of 57
Hello fellow head-fiers

I spoke to Robert @ Audio Concept regarding this meet up, and unfortunately they have had so much to do with the Hi-Fi Fair that they will have to move this event to another time.

.Sebastian.

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #43 of 57
Wow.... That is indeed awfully late to call off...

Luckily another weekend would work better for me, but I have to wonder: How much is there really in it for this particular meet on the dealer's behalf?  Is the main problem the extra hours the store would be staffed, or the setup/equipment availability?

Man, I hope no one got burnt with wasting a flight to Stockholm or something...

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #45 of 57
I feel it would be better to have a mini meet at someone's house or something...better than just calling it off again and again. I live a bit outside of town so maybe my house isn't ideal. Maybe someone have a huge appartment next to T-Centralen? Anyone with me? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back