2010 NBA Finals: Lakers-Celtics Redux
Jun 17, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #91 of 109
Quote:
I agree with a lot of things said so far. People are really not considering that, from the very beginning, Bynum's loss to the Lakers really has been huge. People often overlook that and not realize how Lakers are already handicapped to begin with.

Ofcourse, there is no such thing as fair or not fair that Perkins is gone now too...all I can say is, may the best team prevail. if you have heart and luck, anything can happen

Meh, Bynum is good, but the Lakers still have the best 2 guard in the league, the 2nd best center in the league (and the best offensively), and probably the best coach in the league, alongside a very versatile and dangerous big guy (Odom). They really should still be pretty dangerous. Unfortunately for them, the rest of their roster (with the exception of Derek Fisher) is pretty full of schmucks.

Jun 17, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #92 of 109
I can't wait to see this game tonight. I'm rooting for the Celtics but I honestly don't know who will win. I am sure that it will be a great battle. I'm hoping KG gives a throwback performance with about 22-12-6 in 40 min. Either that or Rondo finally comes out of his finals "slump" and shows everybody what he's really made of. If neither of those things happen Phil gets his 11th ring, Kobe strengthens his argument for being one of the best players of all time, and the streets of LA will be celebrating tonight.

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #93 of 109
Posted by AmanGeorge:

Meh, Bynum is good, but the Lakers still have the best 2 guard in the league, the 2nd best center in the league (and the best offensively), and probably the best coach in the league, alongside a very versatile and dangerous big guy (Odom).

I lean more toward gknix's side. The Lakers are an excellent squad without Bynum of course. But with a healthy 17, they enter juggernaunt territory and become a matchup nightmare.

I can't disagree about the Lakers' schmucks though. It's not that Boston is barren however. One guy I can't stand is PP. The dude is a total ham. Honestly, I can't think of any player who will break the fourth wall more than him, you know look into the camera; and that cheeseball fake Willis Reed move he pulled in 08. That still grates me. Ham's bug me more than anything really, and Pierce is close to Vince Carter territory.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #95 of 109
Boston really brought it, but another stellar defensive effort by the defending champions at home won the trophy. Congrats to the Lakers for defending their title!

But the Celtics got the last one, and still lead overall 17 to 16 now?

What a game, even sweeter since my favorite NBA team won!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Lakers 2010 NBA Back2Back Champs!

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #96 of 109
Both teams were great on the defensive end. The first half was maddening but also good as a lakers fan. We couldn't shoot but we were still alive by our offensive rebounds. It allowed us to stay close until our offense got it together. It definitely was a great game and I'm happy it came at game 7. I definitely didn't want to see any blowout or any of that garbage.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #98 of 109
The most awesome thing about it is that the TEAM won Game 7.

Kobe himself admits that he lost his way there because he wanted it so much, but Artest played his best game of the season, Odom was great and Pau was awesome as well! Great balanced play by the Lakers. Intense defense as well.

HOW SWEET IT IS!!!

Kobe now 1 ring away from Jordan and the Lakers 1 title away from the Celtics.
beerchug.gif

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #99 of 109

Quote:
The most awesome thing about it is that the TEAM won Game 7.

Kobe himself admits that he lost his way there because he wanted it so much, but Artest played his best game of the season, Odom was great and Pau was awesome as well! Great balanced play by the Lakers. Intense defense as well.

HOW SWEET IT IS!!!

Kobe now 1 ring away from Jordan and the Lakers 1 title away from the Celtics.
beerchug.gif

Quite a goal for next year, how can Jackson pass that up?

Bynum will be a monster if he can ever stay healthy, and Kobe will get some repairs done finally...

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #102 of 109

Quote:
Great game! it was epic. RonRon play great. Lakers all day!!! Next year should be interesting...

I'll hopefully get to watch it at some point; I don't get it telecast live here, so I have to wait till tomorrow night to watch it lol

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #103 of 109
Go Blackhawks!

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #105 of 109
Oui. Decided to go all out and sports-bar it last night, am now very tired, hungover, and saddened. Great game though, and great series. If you had asked anybody before the playoffs, I guarantee nobody would have called the Celtics beating the Cavs and Magic and taking the Lakers to the last minute of Game 7, so I suppose at least that is something to take comfort in.

But man, Artest hitting that three late in the game was effing unlikely....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back