2010 Montreal FSI [Head-fi] Meet
Mar 7, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #46 of 129
Actually, I'll be there the three days, but I won't be there the whole time as I have school friday morning and a training saturday morning, so I'll show up around 13:00 friday and 14:00 saturday, but I'll leave my stuff there the whole time. I am going to drop it in the room thursday evening. I'll put the bulk of it somewhere noone can steal it until I'm at the booth, but if some of you want to use it for your setups in the meanwhile I'll be happy to let you guys use my stuff! Just tell me in advance what you want to borrow so I can make it easier in the packaging, set-up, etc.

Actually, it would be way better if we could have at least 4-5 people everyday, even better if it's excluding the fulcrum audio guys.

Just a reminder: you can come drop your stuff from tuesday morning until the end of the meet.

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #47 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by papomaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, I'd ask everyone who wants to attend to add the days and hours they will come, as well as if they would want to commit to a little speech in front of the audio community (may it be french or english). I sure will have a few words and I hope some of you will do as well.

Come on, I need more answers and commitments! So far, no news from our two ontario friends : bikeboy99 and cerebreous.

Khanate, are you going to bring your gear or just visiting?

Probably just visiting as I don't think my NuForce Icon really holds much weight as a source/amplifier. I simply do not have a full setup that is really worth showing to everyone.

However if anyone has extra source + amplifier or simply interested in trying them out I'll be bringing my Stax Gamma and SRD 6SB anyways so a setup could be made from those.

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #48 of 129
Est-ce que ton srd-6sb a besoin d'un ampli séparé ou c'est avec des line-in comme un ampli standard?

By the way, j'ai échangé mon acurus acd-11 et citypulse da7.2x contre un raysonic cd128 aujourd'hui. C'EST JUSTE MONGOL! Du pur sex-appeal.

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #49 of 129
Quote:

By the way, j'ai échangé mon acurus acd-11 et citypulse da7.2x contre un raysonic cd128 aujourd'hui. C'EST JUSTE MONGOL! Du pur sex-appeal.

Effectivement, j'en ai déjà fait l'écoute à Toronto lors d'un meet, un son vraiment invitant.

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #50 of 129
Will be there either on saturday or sunday afternoon. Will depend when there will be the more headfiers around
smily_headphones1.gif

For the gear I'll bring, it will also depend on what people are interested in. I could make the effort of bringing the WA2 (and that's an effort !) but it will need a source. I'm using a squeezebox @home.... Also, I won't bring my brand new B22 since it's not encased (but working !!
dt880smile.png
). Next time.
Papomaster, could you choose stuff from everyone and setup a bunch of fully functionnal rigs (source + amp + headphone) ?

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #51 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Papomaster, could you choose stuff from everyone and setup a bunch of fully functionnal rigs (source + amp + headphone) ?

I'm in that situation, either need to borrow a source or need a lift to bring my desktop with my firewire interface.

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #52 of 129
Hopefully, we can have some complete rigs from some members so we won't have to mix things beforehand, and just swap stuff if we want to listen to a particular combo. But since there isn't alot of people who have complete rigs I'll try to mix things my best.

The guys from fulcrum audio told me they would be there and just had to figure stuff to choose which brands they would bring.

Bikeboy also told me he was waiting for MrSlim's answer to join the meet.

I would be really interested in hearing the Wa2. Mate it with the raysonic and my ath would make a killer setup.

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #53 of 129
Quote:

I would be really interested in hearing the Wa2. Mate it with the raysonic and my ath would make a killer setup.

Could make a nice rig ! Just keep in mind my pre-tubes are not in the best possible shape, being slightly noisy but nothing we can hear during a meet..so i think.
I fired up my B22 for the 1st time this week end... let me tell know it's really in another league.. WA2 is all about softness in comparison !

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #54 of 129
Hi Everyone,

Very new to this site, but am wondering whether you'd welcome a Vermonter who doesn't mind your new hockey Gold medals?

If I can come (still negotiating with my wife), I could bring the following, if you think anyone cares to listen:

MacBook Pro
iPod
Creek OBH-11
RSA P-51
ATH-M50
UE-5C

No DAC yet though, sorry.

Mar 9, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #55 of 129
Quote:

Est-ce que ton srd-6sb a besoin d'un ampli raysonic cd128 aujourd'hui. C'EST JUSTE MONGOL! Du pur sex-appeal.

Du beau gear ca!

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #56 of 129
Of course you are welcome to come to the show with your gear. And we won't even make you put on an silver medal shirt. :).

B

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT Skier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Everyone,

Very new to this site, but am wondering whether you'd welcome a Vermonter who doesn't mind your new hockey Gold medals?

If I can come (still negotiating with my wife), I could bring the following, if you think anyone cares to listen:

MacBook Pro
iPod
Creek OBH-11
RSA P-51
ATH-M50
UE-5C

No DAC yet though, sorry.

Mar 9, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #57 of 129
Hell yes!

Of course, you are free to bring any gear you want, but please read the whole thread, I made some recommendations since the SSI organiser told me they had a couple of thefts each year, especially portable stuff like cables, connectors, DIY parts... So if you think some gear may be hard to keep an eye on, it's up to you if you still want people to use it at the booth.

It would be also a great introduction into the headphone world, and head-fi in general since we have a couple of experienced headfiers who will show at the meet.

Mar 9, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #58 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Du beau gear ca!

C'est super imposant, mais totalement moderne. Comme un beau tank avec des guirlandes...

D'ailleurs, je suggère une écoute à tous ceux qui trouvaient que AD2000 + HB1 c'était trop bright....maintenant c'est super balancé.

Mar 9, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #59 of 129
Quote:

Est-ce que ton srd-6sb a besoin d'un ampli séparé ou c'est avec des line-in comme un ampli standard?

Ampli a speaker... c'est 4 fils. Les terminaisons sont des fils pas de bananes ou autres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back