2010 Montreal FSI [Head-fi] Meet
Mar 2, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #32 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by cloneman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this a good event for n00bs like myself, or will I feel awkward and left out?

Absolutely not the case, anyone that manifest some interest in headphones is welcome at our meet for sure !

I encourage you to come get a nice taste of our setups to validate or build your preferences for future personal purchases and obviously for pure aural fun.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #36 of 129
I think the organizers will be OK with that (I certainly am) since we're not actually hired to be there. The only thing is that we will set up our things in order to maximize room for people who are there the whole expo, so if you want to commit only for a day, please make it easy to carry on and away.

Also, I found a rather interesting way to protect our stuff from being stolen: everyone should bring a roll of saran wrap (or any semi-sticky plastic wrap) and roll stuff together so that everyone who wants to steal a part of it has to steal the whole thing. People can get away with stuff because 1) it is easily pickable or lightweight and 2) noone notices it's gone before they are out of the place. By sticking everything together, you make those two things almost impossible to do. It makes stuff far less appealing to the eye, but hey, we're audio guys, aren't we?

Important notice as well:

EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO COME SHOULD APPLY ON THE SSI WEBSITE, IN THE PROFESSIONAL SECTION. YOU HAVE TO DO SO BEFORE YOU CAN SHOW UP AT THE MEET WITH YOUR GEAR.

On a side note, I might be the owner of a raysonic cd128 at the end of the week...
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #37 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by papomaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...roll stuff together

That's gonna be funny with tubes amps !!!
darthsmile.gif

Close to the event start date, it would be useful to summarize when people will be there with what. As it's been said, we're not professionals and the stand occupancy can be somewhat scattered. For example, could be useful if someone want to listen to something in particular.

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #39 of 129
JH13 ... c'est pas moulé à tes oreilles ?

De plus, tu laisserais réellement quelqu'un d'autre que toi se rentrer ca dans les oreilles ?
Est-ce que ca entre profond ou c'est réellement plus en surface ?

Parait que c'est très bon mais est-ce que ca donne un son en plein millieu de la tête (comme tous les bouchons) ou ca donne un son en dehors de la tête comme des HD650, Stax, HD800 ?

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #41 of 129
Guys, I'd ask everyone who wants to attend to add the days and hours they will come, as well as if they would want to commit to a little speech in front of the audio community (may it be french or english). I sure will have a few words and I hope some of you will do as well.

Come on, I need more answers and commitments! So far, no news from our two ontario friends : bikeboy99 and cerebreous.

Khanate, are you going to bring your gear or just visiting?

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #42 of 129
I can be there all day every day:

Friday, 26th: 11h00-21h00
Saturday, 27th: 10h00-18h00
Sunday, 28th: 10h00-17h00

I would be willing to give a speech in English ou Français, but only if no one else is more willing.

bikeboy99 did reply a while ago: perhaps a pm is in order?

Speaking of which, has every one who came last year responded?

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #43 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH13 ... c'est pas moulé à tes oreilles ?

De plus, tu laisserais réellement quelqu'un d'autre que toi se rentrer ca dans les oreilles ?
Est-ce que ca entre profond ou c'est réellement plus en surface ?

Parait que c'est très bon mais est-ce que ca donne un son en plein millieu de la tête (comme tous les bouchons) ou ca donne un son en dehors de la tête comme des HD650, Stax, HD800 ?

Non je ne vais pas prêter mes JH13s
wink.gif

Mais si des gens veulent essayer mon câble avec leur UE11/JH13 et mon nouvel ampli, pas de trouble.

Ca rentre assez profond mais c'est pas si pire que ça, très confortable dans mon cas. Le soundstage est plus large que mes anciens Grado HF2.

Mar 6, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #44 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the gear need to be available for all 3 days? Because I'm only coming for a day...

We should set a day where at least 5-6 of us are all there.. I'll probably have to take one of Phillipe's source.

Mar 6, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #45 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We should set a day where at least 5-6 of us are all there.. I'll probably have to take one of Phillipe's source.

Totally agree. It's worthless if there is just 1 or 2 people during 3 day. Much more interesting for everyone if we can do a bigger gathering on a shorter timeframe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back