$200AUD IEM's
May 15, 2015 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ClintonL

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, looking for some new iems as my brainwav b2's stopped working (one side). Anyway looking to get something new for around 200. Atm just using some xiaomi 2.1s. Wondering whats a good bang for buck option at about 150-200AUD. Will be listening to trance on these and want something with good vocals.

Cheers

May 15, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #3 of 13
Research Dunu DN-1000. Little more than $200 AUD due to our exchange rate, but a great hybrid IEM. Much better than the Yamaha. Or Dunu Titan 1 is another really popular one atm.

May 15, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 13
I have the dn 1000 I would say one if the best iem I ever heard

May 16, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #6 of 13
  Cheers for that, how much better would they be than the eph100s? Apparently they're famous for trance.

Honestly, unless you prefer quite a warmish semi veiled sound I'd pass EPH-1000, you probably read posts from myself in the main thread praising them for their day, but make note of the date those posts were made. Since then technology and tuning technics has advanced quite a lot. DN-1000 sounds more vibrant, cleaner and detailed, sounds quite a bit clearer and higher in clarity. Its really just the stronger performing earphone at its higher price point. Personally for trance (unless you like a warm tone) I'd take the DN-1000. 

Whereabouts in Australia are you? I may be able to workout a demo of my DN-1000 for you.

If you're interested send me a PM. =)

May 16, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #8 of 13
  Hey mate from sydney, how do they compare to the gr07s btw?

GR07 is a classic proven IEM, one with a huge thread. It would be a hard choice to pick one over the other.

There's over 400 pages for GR07 in this thread below.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-thread

(if you're wanting my pair for sale you're welcome too)

May 16, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #9 of 13
Yeah tossing up between them at the moment lol might be interested in your pair i'll give you a shout when i decide. Also just wondering how do your zero audios compare to the eph100s/gr07s? Might get them  as a cheap pair for gym hear they punch pretty well for trance.

May 16, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #10 of 13
Yeah tossing up between them at the moment lol might be interested in your pair i'll give you a shout when i decide. Also just wondering how do your zero audios compare to the eph100s/gr07s? Might get them  as a cheap pair for gym hear they punch pretty well for trance.

Tenore is a special IEM, quite detailed and well refined for its price, also quite clean. My pair sound brighter than both GR07 MK2 and EPH-100 but with less bass (quite neutral) which brings us to Tenore's downfall. There's some quality control issues, people have what's bieng described as 'bassy' pairs, reference pairs, no guarantee between units. If you get a good reference set its a great earphone.

May 17, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #13 of 13
Sorry to be a hassle but one last question if i can, (sorry but you're a hive of info with your collection of IEMS). How do all of these compare to the brainwavs b2 which im replacing?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back