2009 Head-Fi Awards
Dec 20, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #46 of 72
I vote for all those who passed under the radar unnoticed for the "social chameleon award of societal invisibility."
Patrick82 may get my Non-Sumliminal sound enhancing CD I have developed (used to be a cassette) which has infinite resolving capacity. It is so good you can hear the quantum foam crashing on Quarks and all the other sub-particles (except mesons - they're too slippery).
Patrick82, send me a PM and I'll forward it to you plus explanatory paperwork.

And,no, Patrick82,.... you won't need the Large Hadron Collider to run it..!!! It's all explained in the paperwork.

Dec 20, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #47 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will there be Head-Fier of the decade 2000 - 2010? There should also be Head-Fier of the century 2000 - 2100. Also, Head-Fier of the millennium 2000 - 3000, however, I doubt anyone here will live for that long. I have great plans which includes many spaceships and wives etc., I will have my audio system levitating in outer space in the centre of a small planet which is used for mass dampening the vibrations. I will use dedicated solar panels for each capacitor and point to point wiring with vibration controlled Valhalla cables. For ground conditioning I will wire my system to Earth. For my speakers I will use a dedicated driver for each frequency. My listening chair will be levitating inside the centre of a sphere which is rotating freely. There will be G-forces and visual effects which will enhance the music experience. My body will be tweaked for better sound, I will have carbon fiber running through my veins for EMI/RFI shielding purposes. My veins will be wrapped with ERS Paper and my intestines too. There will also be more tweaks which involves chemical substances.

You might want to rethink the WIVES idea. Because having plural wives (and the required ex-wives) will leave you with no funding for any of the other fun stuff you have planned. No matter how many dimensions you exist in. LoL

Dec 20, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #50 of 72
Since I attended a total of 7 Head-Fi-related meets/events in 2009 (though 2 of them were in-state), I thought I'd give each one an award title:

- North Carolina CanFest 09: Most Rewarding Meet (getting to meet the legendary Joe Grado? who wouldn't pass that up?)
- CanJam 2009 (Los Angeles): Best National Meet Yet
- Colorado July Meet: Best Local Meet Yet (at least I think so)
- NorCal August Meet: Biggest NorCal Meet Yet (spread across 2 large rooms)
- CanJam@RMAF: Best "Night on the Town" Meet Ever (went out to dinner with Head-Fi folks for 3 straight days - which was especially nice as I usually don't go out to eat)
- ChiUniFi 3 (Chicago): Best Intro-To-A-New-HF-Contingent Meet
- SoFla Winter Meet (Fort Lauderdale/Plantation): Most Entertaining Meet (and where I also almost passed out from all the drinking I did - which was awesome, btw)

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #53 of 72
Says Most With Fewest Words: Sherwood

Says Least With Most Words: krmathis

Most Educational For Lurkers: n_maher

Community Service Awards: duggeh, boomana

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #54 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Misc-OhSnap_Bear.jpg

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #56 of 72
I took several days to read the entire Computer Audio - Benchmark DAC1 thread and I have learned a wealth of information from "EliasGwinn".

Dec 25, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #58 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't seen a thread for this yet, so let the nominations for the 2009 year end awards begin.

My nominee for most prolific pollster:

DavidMahler

The man literally polls everything.

Please add your nominees for anything and everything and create your own categories.

Let's have some fun.

Cheers,

'Dwebe

For biggest fan boy of a headphone I vote me.
atsmile.gif

Dec 25, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #59 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most helpful: Uncle Erik, thisbenjamin, cool_torpedo
Most prolific new members: Jawang, fenixdown110
Most DT-48 posts: kool bubba ice

Nice. Keep'em coming. I want my free toaster.

Dec 25, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #60 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed. Most articulate poster on Head Fi.. & gets his point across without hiding his feelings. & Really tough to beat in a argument. Guy just has every base covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back