2009 Head-Fi Awards
Dec 18, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #16 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I nominate myself for the craziest most addicted freaking kid on head-fi... my gear speaks for itself :p

What about randerson?

I'd have to say patrick is the most entertaining head-fi user, but that would apply for all years I imagine.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #22 of 72
Best Post of the Year: tie - scrypt (return drive-by post) & boomana (intro post)

Most Generous with Gear: afrikane

Most Generous with Time & Knowledge: n_maher

Special Recognition Award for Pushing the Hobby Forward: the DIY posse that continues to inovate and put pressure on the commercial players to evolve.

Encyclopedic Knowledge Award: spritzer (and the generosity to share it with the rest of the Stax mafia), also Most patient.

Audiophile Counsel of the Year (co-sponsored by Chambers): tyrion and voltron.

Lamest Member Award: Tie - olblueeyes, intoart

Best Thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/s...ead-new-223263

Worst Thread: Too many to list in the Members Lounge.

Best Forum: Tie - Meet Impressions and DIY.

Worst Forum: Tie - Summit Fi and Portable Amps.

Manufacturers of the Year: JH Audio (JH13), HeadAmp (BHSE, Pico line), Grado (HF-2)

Best Head-Fi Idea: Head-Fi Quarterly.

Best Turkey Soup: grawk

Most Consistently Funny Poster: tie - duggeh and hopstretch

Mod of the Year: immmmmtbiker

Head-Fi Excellence Award: The CJ09 organizing crew.

And Head-Fi remains the model for how an internet forum should work. Despite growing pains, etc., this remains not only one of the best forums, but one of the best sites, on teh interwebs.

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #23 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I nominate Duggeh for Best Scot House Guest.

wink.gif

I nominate tyrion for best first person I stayed with in Florida. And best dogs.

Dec 18, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #24 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd have to put my vote in for hurryup in this category...

Aye, I second this motion but for the title of most annoying instead!

Also, my vote for most helpful would have to go to Larry (HeadphoneAddict).

Dec 18, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #25 of 72
Unkle Erik gets my vote for most helpful

what about the equipment itself? Any categories for new equipment in 2009?

oh, and all those who crashed Amazon and Logitech should get a best Viral moment of 2009 as well!

Dec 18, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #27 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listen2this1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TomB- For all of his DIY work. Those who have built a Millett Max/Mini/SS or Bantam DAC understand.

Truly, thanks for all you have done

x100

[size=large]TomB is the BomB[/size]

The epitome of a great head-fi'er. Knowledgeable and helpful and nice.

Dec 18, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #28 of 72
Will there be Head-Fier of the decade 2000 - 2010? There should also be Head-Fier of the century 2000 - 2100. Also, Head-Fier of the millennium 2000 - 3000, however, I doubt anyone here will live for that long. I have great plans which includes many spaceships and wives etc., I will have my audio system levitating in outer space in the centre of a small planet which is used for mass dampening the vibrations. I will use dedicated solar panels for each capacitor and point to point wiring with vibration controlled Valhalla cables. For ground conditioning I will wire my system to Earth. For my speakers I will use a dedicated driver for each frequency. My listening chair will be levitating inside the centre of a sphere which is rotating freely. There will be G-forces and visual effects which will enhance the music experience. My body will be tweaked for better sound, I will have carbon fiber running through my veins for EMI/RFI shielding purposes. My veins will be wrapped with ERS Paper and my intestines too. There will also be more tweaks which involves chemical substances.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #29 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There will also be more tweaks which involves chemical substances.

Sounds to me like you have already started experimenting with them...
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #30 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will there be Head-Fier of the decade 2000 - 2010? There should also be Head-Fier of the century 2000 - 2100. Also, Head-Fier of the millennium 2000 - 3000, however, I doubt anyone here will live for that long. I have great plans which includes many spaceships and wives etc., I will have my audio system levitating in outer space in the centre of a small planet which is used for mass dampening the vibrations. I will use dedicated solar panels for each capacitor and point to point wiring with vibration controlled Valhalla cables. For ground conditioning I will wire my system to Earth. For my speakers I will use a dedicated driver for each frequency. My listening chair will be levitating inside the centre of a sphere which is rotating freely. There will be G-forces and visual effects which will enhance the music experience. My body will be tweaked for better sound, I will have carbon fiber running through my veins for EMI/RFI shielding purposes. My veins will be wrapped with ERS Paper and my intestines too. There will also be more tweaks which involves chemical substances.

This may just be the funniest post i ever read, coming from who its from ...lol
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back