2008 PRO 750 vs PROline 750
May 15, 2008 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wavoman

Headphoneus Supremus
The 2008 edition of the Ultrasone 750 says PRO not PROLine on the headband, and the headband plus the earpads are supposed to be new. Anyone try one yet? How is the headband tightness (clamping pressure)?

Ultrasones are pretty tight in general (although I am told the headband can be bent a bit). The Ultrasone Edition 9 web page says the "nominal headband pressure" is 5.2 N (N="Newtons"), but no value is given for the PRO 750's.

5.2 is too tight for many of us -- compare with the Beyer DT 770's (closed, like the 750's) which have a headband pressure of 2.8N. The Beyer DT 770 PRO -- recording engineers will want a tighter fit -- is still only 3.5N .

I can see the argument that closed phones should have tighter headband pressure -- better isolation, the reason for closed in the first place -- but Beyer manages to make them all the same pressure, open or closed.

Also -- anyone have experience yet with the new USA branch of Ultrasone, now that UltrasoneUSA is no longer the official distributor??

May 15, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 5
A note on the UltrasoneUSA web site says the following:

-----------------------------------
Updated for 2008, the PRO 750 now features thicker earpads and headband pad, brushed aluminum nameplate on the earcups and a nylon hardcase to protect your headphones on the go.
-----------------------------------

And of course the lettering on the headband says PRO not PROLine :).

I was hoping for a smaller N value as a result, who knows??

May 15, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 5
okay, but based on the sound, it was changed nothing.. ? (...it was nothing changed) ? <- sorry for my englisch, i got problems with the syntax, all the time
smily_headphones1.gif

in my opinion the headband pressure is optimal..-> i own the new PRO version

May 16, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 5
OK, I'm buying it! Hope my head doesn't hurt.

Thanks for the first-hand experience and the post, Rotti.

And don't apologize for your English, I wish my German was half as good as your command of my native language, I really do. You have my admiration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back