2008 NBA Playoffs Thread
Jun 12, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #286 of 350
I have been watching the hardwood classics re-airings of the Celts Lakes series from the 80's and have been enjoying. The '84 game 3 was on where the Celtics won big in the last Qtr and the temp inside was 97 as usual. Great fun. The NBA channel is hosting the 85' game 5 & 6 I believe if anyone is interested, they should be on in the next few days on DirectTV

Tonight's game should be pure intensity and focus from each team..oh yeah.

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #287 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tonight's game should be pure intensity and focus from each team..oh yeah.

I can't wait! Believe it or not, I've been staying up from 1:50am to ~4am to watch the games live. I simply can't be bothered to wait for the darn TV rips to go up on BitTorrent.

Jun 12, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #288 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe Boston had a team suited for running fast 'West coast style' bball?

Larry Legend the blazer!
biggrin.gif

Oddly, in this series I think Boston has run more than L.A. That was one big difference to me from game 3. The Lakers did a better job getting back. Kobe Bryant even alluded to it post-game, and I paraphrase, "we stopped their transition threes."

--

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
I've been staying up from 1:50am to ~4am to watch the games live

Man, you cannot question this guy's dedication! Tip o' the hat sir.

Jun 12, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #289 of 350
Some thoughts on this upcoming game:

-The whole reason Pierce was ineffective in the last game was that he was constantly jerked around with foul trouble, because Kobe drove on him every time, and the Celts gotta help.
-KG you're a Power Forward not a Shooting Guard lol stop doing that stuff
-Rondo's gotta step his game up tonight, hopefully the injury isn't bothering him. He's a much better distributor, and is a lot quicker than House. His range is what's killing him right now.

That's all I got, looking forward to a fun game!

edit: haha fantastic staying up til 4am to watch the games. I do that a lot too, but that's just because I'm a bored student with nothing to do and it's summer.
wink.gif
. I applaud you sir.

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #292 of 350
haha I left at halftime to go shoot around and run some pickup games...Some guys came along about an hour later talking about the celts game and how Paul Pierce started the come back. I looked up the score on my phone, saw the Celts down 2 with 5 minutes left and zoomed back home to catch the final parts of this epic comeback. If they don't close it out sunday i'll be surprised.

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #294 of 350
As much of a LA fan that I am, credit must be given to the Celtics. What a comeback! Number 34 did a spectacular job on number 24.

Yes, epic fail for the Lakers!

Jun 13, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #295 of 350
I simply can't believe that kind of collapse, and at home to boot! I had figured the Celtics to win the title from the start of the season, so I'm not surprised that they are doing well, but sheesh, what a way to go and demoralize your opponents. I will be quite surprised if LA can get themselves back together and win game 5 after tonight's disaster.

Now aren't you glad you stayed up, for such an epic game?
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #296 of 350
I want to cry...

Jun 13, 2008 at 10:34 AM Post #297 of 350
Wow, I'd give credit to Pose and Allen with their offensive tide in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Celtics' defense did a wonderful job and Doc's idea of spreading the shooters worked just as planned. Just wonderfully executed from defense to offense.

Go Celtics!!

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #299 of 350
Awesome game, what a come back. They are re-airing last nights epic come from behind on NBA channel at 8 PST if anyone missed it. (Laker fans will want to see the first half, Celtic fans the second half I expect)

Paul P looked awesome and poised, as did the Celtics D and overall Boston strategy. Have to hand it to Doc Rivers and team for keeping composed..like the polar opposite of Sasha V from the Lakers. Odom and the bench were no help and Gasol seemed uninterested in stopping Ray Allen's late layup right past Sasha and the Lakers.

KG needs to step it to the paint every time with post action on Gasol, and shoot less from the field. I have a hunch this is going to be a great game Sun regardless of the winning team. I thought the Celtics game plan spreading out the LA scoring was brilliant, and the players selected for the 4th Qtr play the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back