2002tiiguys personal headphone review (you may not agree)
Oct 29, 2018 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

2002tiiguy

Head-Fier
Beyerdynamic T70 Good clarity, Mids and percussion, bass lacking slightly, highs present but not prominent. decent separation, soundstage close

Headband fairly snug, ear cups slightly small, touches ear

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 3
3m worktunes bluetooth earmuffs. Build quality is good, very sturdy as expected with any construction type ear muff, single button on right ear cup. Usb charging and 3.5mm input. Operation is simple, push and hold to turn on, tells you the battery status, double press while not connected to go into pairing mode. Once paired, single press is pause/play, double press is back, triple is forward.
Sound. They are not sennheisers for sure. Everything is kind of muted but seems to be very neutral. Definitely not a great set of cans for reference, but while you're working , none of the sound seems to be drowned out.
Bottom line, for $44, they work while you're mowing the lawn or doing some other sort of task where a normal set of closed backs might get damaged

Dec 23, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #3 of 3
Sennheiser hd-540 Reference II's.

Initial listening is not impressive, they dont reach out and grab your attention. They need quite a bit of power and seem to be linear as power goes up. While they do have a bass drop-off, the bass that is presented is clear and well defined. The mids are detailed but not overbearing, Highs are clear and crisp, not as much as say the hd-800's but not in a negative way. I believe its really a matter of opinion which high's are better but the 540's do seem to have some bass where the 800's lack a little. I primarily drive them single ended out of my AK sp1k but the soundstage sounds wonderful there and only seems to improve driven out of an amp. Separation is as much as I have ever heard from any can to date. Speed seems to be on par with most and without a/b comparisons i feel they compete with the 800's. The pads i received are aftermarket so i cant comment on the originals, but they are very comfortable and seem to be well made. The cable is just a single ended 1/8 6ft sennheiser cable, nothing fancy but well made and in good condition considering the age of the cans. Microphonics are basically nil and its very soft cable. The headband appears to be original and in good shape, again, very comfortable and the sliders are very tight, havent had them slide on me once while I was wearing them. I ordered a couple of ends so i can make a balanced cable for them and listen to them with some more power out of my AK and will try and update once I get that together.

Before I got these cans my benchmark was the 800, after some reading and lack of funds for those I felt that the 540's would be worth me buying even as a trial. I found this pair on fleabay for $180 and I can honestly say that my lust for the 800's is gone. They may be my endgame can. (I havent heard a modern pair of stax, my wallet begs that i dont) IMO, if you are looking for a Great pair of cans at a bargain and dont want the 600's this may be a serious contender for you.

Id love to hear feedback from other people about this. Or if you have a suggestion for something I should try I am all ears.

Hunter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back