2 new sexy PCDP's
Nov 5, 2002 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Cyanide

Head-Fier
well i havent been here as often as i should , and i tend to read rather than post anything worthwhile but i am extatic to bring you these two new players.

i dont know how to post images so if someone can give me a hand i would be apretative....

for now here are the two links:
http://www.iodata.co.jp/news/200211/mdm-h2lp2.htm
http://www.tdk.co.jp/tjaah01/aah36900.htm

i havent had time to post relevant specs but they look mighty tasty even f they sound like manure
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2002 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 15
Wow, the new TDK Mojo's sure look nice and the remotes look big enough to make folder navigation a breeze. Anyone able to translate the specs or at least know if there is a line out? how about a price?

Nov 5, 2002 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 15
"Optical digital output terminal loading. *
Loss and change of audio information almost you can obtain the pure sound which is not by tieing with the optical digital input terminal of the AV equipment. * Only at the time of music CD playback
"

this is quoted in the machine translation i did. from what i gather , it has an optical out which would sujest to me it must also have a standard line out too.....

Nov 5, 2002 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 15
Interesting.
16.9mm thick
Optical Out
The usual formats for playback including Copy Control CD
rolleyes.gif

20 hour playback
CD-TEXT compatible Japanese language display remote (doesnt say if its backlit, looks it though doesnt it)
8 minute anti-skip at 128kbits (MP3 obviously) 192 seconds on CD
Some kind of folder navigation system (Multisearch)
Multisession, packet write CD support (chew on that Sony CJ01)
Firmware updates
Some sort of filename mod program to run on the PC to work with the above navigation system (ehwhat? It does say it reads ID3 tags so I dont know why the filename proggie is required)
A program to design your custom display remote logo
rolleyes.gif

Preset Equaliser (various modes) + bass boost
The usual playback modes~program, random, repeat etc

Sounds like a good machine. My next portable's probably going to be the Sony MZ-N10 so I'll give it a miss.

Nov 5, 2002 at 3:36 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman

A program to design your custom display remote logo
rolleyes.gif

Holy sznit!!! I'll have 10 of them right now, please!!

redface.gif
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif

Nov 5, 2002 at 9:57 PM Post #8 of 15
Those players do look nice . . .

Nov 6, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #11 of 15
tdk is alright i mean look at the remote it turns me off, its kinda ugly and it has two lines coming out of the remote. And if they were going to make a remote either they should make it like the sony remotes or the irivers 350...the p[layer by itself looks cool cause theres nothing on the player and it looks classy but i prefer the imp400 anyday, only if the 400 was the same price as the tdk.
tongue.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 9:39 AM Post #13 of 15
how much is the TDK? I didnt see indication of price on the website given. And man, I.O data stuff is getting pretty expensive.. 21,000 yen?!?!

thats between the IMP-350 and IMP400 here in Japan
rolleyes.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 2:54 PM Post #14 of 15
$129
-ign.com

i'll get one when i'll see one, preferably the black one. the optical out and the sound is all the matters. and it's one of these few portables where "pure(?)" sound is actually mentioned.
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 7:54 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Cyanide
well i havent been here as often as i should , and i tend to read rather than post anything worthwhile but i am extatic to bring you these two new players.

i dont know how to post images so if someone can give me a hand i would be apretative....

for now here are the two links:
http://www.iodata.co.jp/news/200211/mdm-h2lp2.htm
http://www.tdk.co.jp/tjaah01/aah36900.htm

i havent had time to post relevant specs but they look mighty tasty even f they sound like manure
smily_headphones1.gif

The io data only has 5mW?A16Ħ for the headphone out
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back