2.0/2.1 System for PC
Nov 2, 2008 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kr1z

100+ Head-Fier
Did some searching in this forum for some nice 2.1/2.0 speaker system for sole use on the computer. Tried looking at Shizdan's thread, but it seems way complicated to follow. I do have an Auzentech Prelude just like him. My current budget is $200 (doesn't necessary have to include shipping within the price).
I do need an all around system, for music and movies, I do game but thats not the focus for the system, I use cans for that.

I'm definitely a bass lover, and want nice and clear clarity. But, I have no clue where to start. Most monitors seem solely for music.
This is a list that caught my attention

M-Audio Studiophile AV40
Audioengine 2 (A2)
Swan M10s
Swan D1080MkII

Nov 3, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 7

Shike

Headphoneus Supremus
At $200 you're strictly looking at PC speakers. What we did for Shizdan was build an actual component system of HiFi quality he could use with his PC as a source. With PC speakers, quality is generally limited and not nearly as customizable.

If you keep your budget at $200 and under consider the Swans. If you want a better quality system, $400-450 (including shipping) is the base line to work on a 2.1 component based system.

I'm still waiting for Shizdan to get back to us and tell us what he thinks. I'm quite sure he'll have a good time with it
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread