1st SIngapore Head-Fi Meet?
Nov 18, 2002 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 378

Guyferd

1000+ Head-Fier
Yeap.
As the title says.
I know there are quite a few head-fiers who are sporean, ppl like dreamslacker, ablaze,..
yo! so I will be back by 31 dec.
I wonder if you all have free time and can hold a head-fi meet. Yup, head-fiers who stop by spore can also come if you want..
So will someone please initiate
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2002 at 10:17 AM Post #3 of 378
Yep.
That would really be cool. Although there aren't many good hi class equipment but if we can hold the meeting it would just be great.
I have talked to rawhit and he is getting his new amp soon. Forgot what is the name already..
I think he said he can lend us the amp if we do hold the meet..
So yup yup!!!
sporean come here and post!! let me know your opinion abt the gathering!!
biggrin.gif

ps. anyway I think it would be nice even if you only have ksc-50
biggrin.gif
I haven't heard them so can try
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2002 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 378
I'll be more than glad to join in. I'm the one in HWZ who organised the Aiwa HP-VX100 mass order of 10 pieces. Went through quickly, and got the earphones on Monday.

Distributed 4 pieces on Tuesday, and the rest will collect theirs on Sunday. I love the Aiwa VX100 so far. Fits great, and is pretty comfortable.

Nov 27, 2002 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 378
Vulpix:
Maybe you can post in HWZ forum to ask them whether they are interested, coz they Head-fi forum not too many Singaporeans active lately... last time there are quite a number but now left a few of us only.
I also sometimes go to HWZ forum , my nick is ZeroDivine. Yours leh?

It would be great if you can come with your aiwa too
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #7 of 378
Soon I'll have the Corda Pre-Head in my possession. I also have a Grado RA-1 amp and a Creek OBH11SE. The Headphones are Grado RS-1/Sennheiser HD 530 Mk11 and Beyerdynamic DT311. I have also borrowed some equipment for a 15 Dec Meet for Vinyl Addicts so that equipment cant be used for this meet as I need to return it.

Are you guys more into portable stuff - if so I bring the Airhead and Sony 888 ear buds.

Nov 29, 2002 at 3:44 AM Post #8 of 378
magicdragon,
now thats some stuff I would really like to listen to
so will your newly acquired Grado HP-1s will be there too?
biggrin.gif

btw anybody got some good source?
cheers
RawHit

Nov 29, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #9 of 378
RawHit,

I would have a trasportation problem if I were to bring more equipment. I do have a Rotel RCD971 and a Marantz CD6000 OSE. But no car. Also it all depends on the timing, I have no idea when or where this is going to be held. I'll leave all that to Guyferd. As for my preciousssssss. Yessssss....Nooooooo......Maybe. Definately Not. Okay.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 7:43 AM Post #10 of 378
hm.. wah all left the date to me ?
eek.gif

hm.. I also have no idea, so let's just start off by polling which month are you all most free at?
Me probably january coz not much school work yet.

For the meeting place, since this is the first time, we can't possibly have it in a very formal place.. maybe in someone's house..
magicdragon?? that if you don't mind we 'borrow' your house
tongue.gif
Since you already have the source too.. so it will be a hassle to transport them.

i will most probably coming with Beyer dt770pro, creek obh--11( magicdragon has the SE version so it is the same, just bring one), and sennheiser mx500. If I can get my friend's phone, I will bring his Audio Technica AD7 too

Nov 29, 2002 at 10:01 AM Post #11 of 378
RawHit,

When will you be in Singapore? Are you bringing your Gilmore? If so it needs to be a 220-240 volt version. Singapre's electrical supply is officially 230 volt but it's usually around 240 and please note it's 50 cycles. I wouldn't want you to fry your equipment.

Guyferd,

My place is a tiny flat. Hopefully, I can get some transportation.

rolleyes.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 10:57 AM Post #12 of 378
Hi magicdragon,
antness is building the gilmore amp for me and I have asked him to ship to my friends address in singapore.
Im in singapore at present and may be here in January also but not sure as of now
rolleyes.gif

The psu of the amp runs on 230 V and most PSUs are built to tolerate +/- 10 V so it should not be a problem.
cheers
RawHit
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back