1st gen X5 - new 128gb micro sd card not recognized by the player until I pull it out and push it back in.
Jun 7, 2016 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

subver

100+ Head-Fier
So this is weird.

I have 2x 128gb Micro SD SanDisk cards. I just got a new one.
I believe the new one I got is the upgraded card (old one is 30mb/s this one is 80mb/s I believe) - but the weird thing is the X5 doesn't read the card until (while it's on) I pull it out and pop it back in. Then everything is fine.

I used to have a 64gb micro sd card in that #2 slot and never had this issue.

Firmware 2.4

Anyone know what might be causing this? I've tried everything.. I've reformatted the card numerous times, using computer and the X5 itself, still no dice.

I would be inclined to think it was the card itself but the X5 DOES eventually read it once I pop it out and back in.

Any ideas??
This is incredibly annoying having to take it out and put it back in every time I turn my X5 on.

Thanks!

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Tried updating to 2.6, updated my media lib. Turned it off and back on again. No dice.

Finally, I swapped the cards, updated my media library again... and... now slot #1 is having that issue! It must be the card, then, right? What could be the issue with it?

I just don't get it because the X5 CAN read it! After I pop it out and back in everything is fine. I'm so confused. Not sure if I should exchange the card or just return it for a different one.

Any suggestions would seriously help so much. I'm going back to my 64gb one for now but I would really love to have another 128gb card... No idea why this would keep happening!

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 4
  Tried updating to 2.6, updated my media lib. Turned it off and back on again. No dice.

Finally, I swapped the cards, updated my media library again... and... now slot #1 is having that issue! It must be the card, then, right? What could be the issue with it?

I just don't get it because the X5 CAN read it! After I pop it out and back in everything is fine. I'm so confused. Not sure if I should exchange the card or just return it for a different one.

Any suggestions would seriously help so much. I'm going back to my 64gb one for now but I would really love to have another 128gb card... No idea why this would keep happening!

Hi, subver, we got your email. It seems weird. Maybe you could try to fomat that sd card in x5, then replug it back to test. If the issue persists, i guess it is your new sd card issue as you said the your old 64gb sd card works perfectly.

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 4
  Hi, subver, we got your email. It seems weird. Maybe you could try to fomat that sd card in x5, then replug it back to test. If the issue persists, i guess it is your new sd card issue as you said the your old 64gb sd card works perfectly.

Yup I tried that before as well. Good news, though.. I had another unopened 128gb SanDisk micro sd card and just tried that and it appears to work just fine! I'm going to exchange this faulty card on Amazon.
PHEW! What a relief :)

2x 128 Micro SD cards as well as a 64gb card for my OTG, with this little tiny Meenova reader that I can plug in the bottom... it's perfect!
320gb is more than I'll ever need!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back