1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Sep 22, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #991 of 1,567
I'm thinking about using my phone connect to the Shanling up2 through Bluetooth and connect the headphone to the Shanling. Do I need a balanced cable for that?

No, if you have a source that has a balanced output you would know that as it would be one of the listed features.

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #993 of 1,567
the headphone that I ordered at Amazon.de just arrived.
Front package states Titanium driver and no volume adjustment on the cable itself.

Either I got an old batch or they keep changing the package.

This sounds like the original package. Luckily they didn’t revise the sound tuning, so you should be OK.

Or were you hoping for a mic cable?

If so, you could always try contacting 1More. In my experience, they have excellent sales team and customer service. They are very willing to help their customers out!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #995 of 1,567
@Slater I'm fine with the cable. I don't need volume control or mic.

@mbwilson111 I got the silver one. I kind of like the gold one. Silver one is not as nice as gold one, but still acceptable. Maybe I look for a silver colored cable on Ali so that it matches the silver color more.

I just ordered a Shanning Up2. Hopefully cans will sound better. So far I'm not blown away. Maybe it is my USB to 3.5 converter or the cans need to break in.

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #996 of 1,567
@Slater I'm fine with the cable. I don't need volume control or mic.

Sounds good, friend.

In case anyone else reading this thread DOES want a microphone/volume control cable, here’s a compatible one I found on Aliexpress (from seller “SoundsMate YF Store”):

DBC870B4-16A4-4063-AAF5-F2BD21157499.png
3E346A82-084E-4E3E-BCC7-A97C3686B35F.png
F91F7B7B-A987-48E8-B879-2E910EF60697.png
9BB853E4-9598-4BB7-9544-E971DCFFDCEE.png

Looks like it runs ~$15.

Although it’s a 3rd party cable. The one I bought a while back is the genuine stock one for the Xiaomi HiFi headphones. Unfortunately, it’s not available anymore.

Oct 12, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #998 of 1,567
Quoting myself again.
Headphone sounds marvelously. Using the Up2 really changes everything.
I'm very happy with the headphone.

Hi!

Just got them today and im a little underwhelmed as well! Had a few iems come in last few weeks and i was expecting big things from the 1more i guess.

Ill be getting an amp just to see if they do need the power (i would be getting one anyway). I am either getting the ES100 or a non bluetooth one like a fiio A3. Whats your experience with the shanling?

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #999 of 1,567
Hi!

Just got them today and im a little underwhelmed as well! Had a few iems come in last few weeks and i was expecting big things from the 1more i guess.

Ill be getting an amp just to see if they do need the power (i would be getting one anyway). I am either getting the ES100 or a non bluetooth one like a fiio A3. Whats your experience with the shanling?
I really love the Shanling. I don't have experience with others, but the Up2 is one of my best buys lately.
Bluetooth connection is really good and stable. Sound quality is marvelous.
My colleague was really impressed as well.

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #1,000 of 1,567
I really love the Shanling. I don't have experience with others, but the Up2 is one of my best buys lately.
Bluetooth connection is really good and stable. Sound quality is marvelous.
My colleague was really impressed as well.
Thats great! Ive heard a lot of good things about the ES100 and frankly the app looks awesome. Im just not sure of the sound quality. Guess ill be finding out. Its just that the advantages of the es100 over the up2 are significant but sound i guess one needs to hear with their own ears..

Oct 12, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #1,001 of 1,567
Thats great! Ive heard a lot of good things about the ES100 and frankly the app looks awesome. Im just not sure of the sound quality. Guess ill be finding out. Its just that the advantages of the es100 over the up2 are significant but sound i guess one needs to hear with their own ears..

No worries. The sound quality is great.

Oct 12, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,002 of 1,567

I bought the ES100 a few days back, Initial listening last night convinces me that i won't notice much, if any, difference between the balanced out of my Fiio M9 vs the balanced out of ES100 (with Bluetooth connection to the M9 (LDAC)). Both go far louder then I ever need them to be and Sound quality / connection are equivalent to being cabled.

Oct 12, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #1,003 of 1,567
I bought the ES100 a few days back, Initial listening last night convinces me that i won't notice much, if any, difference between the balanced out of my Fiio M9 vs the balanced out of ES100 (with Bluetooth connection to the M9 (LDAC)). Both go far louder then I ever need them to be and Sound quality / connection are equivalent to being cabled.

Thanks! Thats really helpful. Ill go ahead with the es100. Theres a good price on drop as well..

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #1,004 of 1,567
Couple days in and i’m starting to like these i guess even before using an amp of any sorts.

Granted i like them a lot more on my Matebook X pro (possibly better internals) than anywhere else (iphones, old ipads and other older laptops).

I did listen to them quite well over the past couple of days , dont even know if im even breaking them in yet but yeah...ill be keeping these! And ill be following a couple of Slater’s mod guides for sure :)

i got two of these but the missus seems to not really like the fact that they leak (and they do leak a lot!) and ill probably be posting these for sale. Not sure if i’m allowed yet but ill check, would be a good opportunity for someone in the EU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back