1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jun 26, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #976 of 1,567
That is exactly the same setup I now have (cable and all) those adapters have made me like the whole setup so much more

Sounds great huh?

I haven't tried reversing the cans for comfort, but seeing you do it now I am curious

Good eye! Yup, that works a lot better for me. I'm still too afraid to ruin the original pads in order to put on bigger pads, so that does the trick for me "for now" (maybe forever lol)

Jun 26, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #978 of 1,567
Are you a werewolf perchance?

LOL - another good eye! My 5 month old lab puppy Noah was extremely interested in what I was doing and was trying to get up ontp the bed. Fortunately I got the picture taken before he made it up there to eat/destroy the entire setup!

Jun 26, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #979 of 1,567
I bought mine used with the Beats 2 pads already on - I get a few hours before I notice anything like pain

Lucky you to have the beats pads. Do your ears touch the hump where the ceramic driver is? That's mainly what I am avoiding by doing the reversing.

Jul 2, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #983 of 1,567

My impressions are that the bass texture is slightly loose and slow, but very inviting and fun, mids and treble seem smooth up to the very top, treble resolution seems great to me. All the details are there, just that these don't fake it with grain.

Build seems excellent, I would recommend them highly for casual listening, slightly warm, but by no means dark.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #984 of 1,567

My impressions are that the bass texture is slightly loose and slow, but very inviting and fun, mids and treble seem smooth up to the very top, treble resolution seems great to me. All the details are there, just that these don't fake it with grain.

Build seems excellent, I would recommend them highly for casual listening, slightly warm, but by no means dark.

Enjoy! it's a great portable can. Did you buy it directly from 1more USA?

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #986 of 1,567
No, Amazon Germany. It came with this sticker:

I believe it might be the case now that the SILVER version is now also the EU Version, so the same as the USA version. Just speculation though I don't know.

They finally fixed that typo! That makes me so happy, I just ordered one more from amazon.de (pun intended).

The GOLD color titanium-driver version is only available in Asia these days. I was looking for the old EU Version, but couldn't find any for sale.
Eventually, I bought the Asian Version. The only difference between it and the old EU Version is the Chinese language info on the box instead of English.

Sep 22, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #988 of 1,567
I ordered this headphone yesterday. I saw there is a long discussion regarding cables. Does this headphone use a special wiring that isn't easy to find?

It uses dual 2.5mm cables (1 plug to each cup).

The stock cable works just fine, but it doesn’t have a microphone or inline music control (which burgers some people). However, I found that the stock Xiaomi Hifi headphone cable works (as those were made for Xiaomi by 1More and are similar in many ways). The Xiaomi cable has an inline control with microphone and volume buttons.

You can also make your own custom cable in case you want to run the H1707 as balanced.

Sep 22, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #990 of 1,567
I ordered them at Amazon.de so I keep you updated about the mic/music control option on the cable.
I don't care about that option. I just hoped I could order nice looking affordable cables on Ali or something.
I'm a noob on this. What does it mean to run a balanced cable?

I'm thinking about using my phone connect to the Shanling up2 through Bluetooth and connect the headphone to the Shanling. Do I need a balanced cable for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back