1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
May 3, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #916 of 1,567
Especially if you’re a Prime member; from stories I’ve heard they practically give Prime members back massages and come to their house and make fresh coffee when there’s problems with your purchases.

I'm a prime member. I'm going to have to find a problem with a recent purchase!

May 6, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #917 of 1,567
Did 1MORE discontinue the graphene driver version? I bought a gold color H1707 from China. The info on the retail box is all in Chinese, so I had it translated. It says "titanium driver diaphragm". I was under the impression that one can tell if it's a graphene or titanium driver version by the H1707 color. When did that change?

May 6, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #918 of 1,567
Did 1MORE discontinue the graphene driver version? I bought a gold color H1707 from China. The info on the retail box is all in Chinese, so I had it translated. It says "titanium driver diaphragm". I was under the impression that one can tell if it's a graphene or titanium driver version by the H1707 color. When did that change?

The gold one (sold in Asia) was always (and still is) a titanium diaphragm.

The silver one has the graphene diaphragm (sold in US etc).

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #919 of 1,567

I have had the gold version with the titanium driver for almost two years. Love it.

May 7, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #920 of 1,567
The gold one (sold in Asia) was always (and still is) a titanium diaphragm.

The silver one has the graphene diaphragm (sold in US etc).

But the silver one (US version) says "titanium driver" right on the retail box: https://i.imgur.com/sg1AheX.jpg
Where does it say "graphene" on the silver H1707 (US version)?

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #921 of 1,567
But the silver one (US version) says "titanium driver" right on the https://i.imgur.com/sg1AheX.jpg]retail box[/url]. Where does it say "graphene" on the silver H1707 (US version)?

The printing on the silver box was an error. It said titanium on the box, when in reality it’s graphene. 1More admitted it was a goof when the silver version 1st came out.

So to clarify:

All gold headphone boxes say titanium driver. All gold headphones actually use titanium drivers.

All silver headphone boxes say titanium driver. All silver headphones actually use graphene drivers.

They both sound good as mbwilson111 pointed out. I have both (although I gave the gold pair to my brother).

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #922 of 1,567
They both sound good as mbwilson111 pointed out. I have both (although I gave the good pair to my brother).

So, the gold pair that you gave to your brother is the "good pair." :)

May 7, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #923 of 1,567
May 7, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #924 of 1,567
Does anyone run these "Balanced" as I ordered the parts to make my own balanced cable a few days back but haven't heard much from anyone running these from a balanced source to understand if its worth the effort?

Not looking for graphs and reviews, just someone to say its better and worth the time taken :)

May 7, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #926 of 1,567
The printing on the silver box was an error. It said titanium on the box, when in reality it’s graphene. 1More admitted it was a goof when the silver version 1st came out.

So to clarify:

All gold headphone boxes say titanium driver. All gold headphones actually use titanium drivers.

All silver headphone boxes say titanium driver. All silver headphones actually use graphene drivers.

They both sound good as mbwilson111 pointed out. I have both (although I gave the gold pair to my brother).

Comparing the two versions' sound signature side-by-side, it seems impossible to hear any differences.

Is it possible that the Asian (gold color) version now uses graphene drivers as well? And the "titanium driver" printing on the retail box also remains as a goof from previous production?

This is the H1707 that I just received from China:
https://i.imgur.com/JL7v5LO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QfcQcC6.jpg

May 7, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #927 of 1,567
May 7, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #928 of 1,567
Obviously you don't have bat ears! :wink:

Of course I have bat ears, I'm Batman :smile_cat: Seriously though, how can one confirm that his gold color H1707 has titanium driver diaphragm and silver color H1707 has graphene driver diaphragm? Both boxes say they are titanium, and 1MORE openly admitted that the printing on the silver version is a goof. Can the printing on the gold version be a goof as well?

May 7, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #929 of 1,567
i own both colors and they have different coated drivers. remember its not actually a titanium or graphene cone. its a coating on the driver. the cone on both is mylar. and yes you can hear a difference albeit its not drastic but yes you can for sure, and no the gold version 100% uses the ti version and grey is grapehene i spoke directly them about it.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #930 of 1,567
Of course I have bat ears, I'm Batman :smile_cat: Seriously though, how can one confirm that his gold color H1707 has titanium driver diaphragm and silver color H1707 has graphene driver diaphragm? Both boxes say they are titanium, and 1MORE openly admitted that the printing on the silver version is a goof. Can the printing on the gold version be a goof as well?

I wouldn’t worry about this too much.

I’ve taken both apart. I’ve looked at both drivers. One is graphene coated (the silver one). The other is titanium coated (the gold one). They are different drivers. 1More has openly stated this. Both boxes say titanium drivers. 1More has openly stated this as well. It was a simple printing mistake.

They sound very similar, although there are minor differences. They both sound great though. It’s not like one sounds awesome and the other sounds like garbage. I’ve posted the exact sonic differences earlier in the thread (so have a few others), so read through the thread if you want to learn more.

You really can’t go wrong with either color. My advice is to just enjoy the one you have, and don’t obsess too much about retail box printing goofs and whatnot. They’re just words on a box. If you like how the one you have sounds, then that’s the most important thing :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back