1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Apr 22, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #901 of 1,567
I finally found 2.5mm jacks that fit the cups, so I hope to get an upgraded cable finished up this week.

I`ll PM you my address.

:wink:

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #902 of 1,567
I might be cheeky and test the pad removal procedure on my faulty one before replacing them... the thin silver trim/strip looks fragile, did anyone else have trouble with preventing bends/distortion, when levering out the pads?

What tool did you folks use to prise out the pads?

Cheers.

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #903 of 1,567
I might be cheeky and test the pad removal procedure on my faulty one before replacing them... the thin silver trim/strip looks fragile, did anyone else have trouble with preventing bends/distortion, when levering out the pads?

What tool did you folks use to prise out the pads?

Cheers.

I always use a dull, non serrated butter knife. Works perfectly, and leaves no marks or damage on the pads.

Apr 24, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #905 of 1,567
Thanks again Slater. Is it a strong adhesive seal, I can then gauge how much force to expect to use.

In my subjective opinion, I would consider the pad to be strongly adhered.

May 1, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #907 of 1,567
I have my new pair, correctly wired but dammit it all, they have scratches on one of the aluminium cups, only small but I know it's there. If it was straightforward I'd swap the cup with the other pair but the other pair was faulty (wired incorrectly). I'm reluctant to ask amazon to send me another, as I already had to get them to send me a replacement for a new expensive wacom tablet, when some of the parts arrived broken. I'm afraid they'll shut down my account, like I've read they do to some that send stuff back.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #908 of 1,567
I have my new pair, correctly wired but dammit it all, they have scratches on one of the aluminium cups, only small but I know it's there. If it was straightforward I'd swap the cup with the other pair but the other pair was faulty (wired incorrectly). I'm reluctant to ask amazon to send me another, as I already had to get them to send me a replacement for a new expensive wacom tablet, when some of the parts arrived broken. I'm afraid they'll shut down my account, like I've read they do to some that send stuff back.

Do you mean scratches on the cup like they’re used?

May 1, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #909 of 1,567
Sorry, I mean the machined aluminium. It's 'small' cut/scratches crossing the edge around the circumference. The actual pad on the same side, is also stitched less well, the padding is bunched up/puckered. Again, not much, and the pads don't matter but I'm wondering if this unit is from a batch specifically earmarked for replacements. It didn't have the usual amazon outer box, and came from some returns department.

Oh, and now I have this pair, your trick of switching sides does improve the sound. Haven't done a lot of listening but the sound stage is noticeably better (or at least for my ears).

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #910 of 1,567
Sorry, I mean the machined aluminium. It's 'small' cut/scratches crossing the edge around the circumference. The actual pad on the same side, is also stitched less well, the padding is bunched up/puckered. Again, not much, and the pads don't matter but I'm wondering if this unit is from a batch specifically earmarked for replacements. It didn't have the usual amazon outer box, and came from some returns department.

Sorry about your luck; that sucks. There shouldn’t be scratches and janky pads. Those sound like B stock, open box returns, demos or something.

Mine were both shrink wrapped from the factory and 100% flawless, but I bought both of mine direct from 1More.

Maybe try calling Amazon customer service and explaining the situation. If you are worried about being banned for sending them back, I’m willing to bet they’ll at least give you a partial refund. Especially if you’re a Prime member; from stories I’ve heard they practically give Prime members back massages and come to their house and make fresh coffee when there’s problems with your purchases.

May 1, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #911 of 1,567
Sorry about your luck; that sucks. There shouldn’t be scratches and janky pads. Those sound like B stock, open box returns, demos or something.

Mine were both shrink wrapped from the factory and 100% flawless, but I bought both of mine direct from 1More.

Maybe try calling Amazon customer service and explaining the situation. If you are worried about being banned for sending them back, I’m willing to bet they’ll at least give you a partial refund. Especially if you’re a Prime member; from stories I’ve heard they practically give Prime members back massages and come to their house and make fresh coffee when there’s problems with your purchases.

Haha, yeah good idea, I think I might do just that... I have a possible biggish purchase coming up, which I'd like to get from them If I can source the 3D printer I'm after... if I do, I'll be wanting to spin out some new pad frames.

May 3, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #915 of 1,567
Thanks, odd, my old set has a T5 and doesn't fit, was a cheap set though.

I have a new high precision set, which I trust more than my older cheapo sets. The T4 fits, but is very sloppy (which will damage the tool and/or fastener). The T5 fits perfectly and tightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back